She tried to struggle against whatever was holding her down. She managed to free her arm, but the weight was too much. It felt like it was almost numb.

Blackness started to over take her eyes. "River." She called out weakly. "River?"

She collapsed under the moss.

~~~~~~

"Prophecy?" River inquired.

His grandfather, Briar, looked at him with confusion and scratched at his black beard. "Do you not know?"

River shook his head. He looked to Azzalea who offered him some food off her plate. He declined it with a smile. "Poor Fawn, you need your strength. It has been a trip."

Briar shook his head. "Why are you here then?"

River retold the story of the bear attack. How he heard the voice of his mother and father, but yet he still lives. His grandfather listened with interest.

"Young River, you are blessed to still be here." Briar sighed with a growl. "I assumed you knew and that's why you are here, but not many young giants know."

"Then tell me grandfather."

"It's not my place to tell you the future, but it has been foretold, a half human half giant will be conceived. Intended to unite the two worlds of human and giant once again. Humans have lost their way and destroyed our Earth. Giants want war and to end the creatures who harm mother Earth. The halfling is to prevent that."

River listened in disbelief. "My child?"

Briar shrugged. "You are not the first to breed with a human, but she is the first one who was willing to bred. That's why the Chief didn't kill you where you stood. The female's trust in you saved your hide."

"Then it is likely she and our youngling will be sworn into the tribe."

Briar nodded and looked around as if someone was listening. "The elders would think the Chief a fool for not allowing it. Better to be on the good side of our halfling than lose the war to the humans."

River shook his head. "Why must there be war?"

Briar made a noise deep in his chest. "That's the only way humans know how to solve things and I'm not sure giants are much better."

River sat with his brows furrowed together. He did not want his child to bear the weight of the world on its shoulders. It wasn't fair. It wasn't his younglings job to unite the two kinds. He just wanted to be a great father and mate, that was all.

Azzalea had noticed his worried look and sat her plate down. She went over and climbed in his lap, running over his forehead with her soft fingers.

River kissed her sweet lips. "My Fawn."

"I'm sure everything is going to be ok, my grandson." He said lightly and stood up. "Come, I will show you where the hot ponds are for bathing. It will be good for both of you to clean up before tomorrow."

~~~~~

Azzalea could feel the heat as soon as they entered the cave. It felt like forever since she had a warm bath and now that the promise was near, she wanted it bad.

Torches were lit throughout the whole thing.

The old Bigfoot had taken them far back into the cave.

Azzalea looked away as they passed other sasquatches bathing. Jealousy hit her when they passed a group of females. They didn't try to cover themselves as River passed them. Instead she swore they giggled and stood up higher from the water.

Bigfootजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें