A Little Time To Smile

Start from the beginning

"Does it hurt?" He asked, concerned obvious on his voice.

"Not really. Just itch a bit."

"You were not bitten before, right?"

"No, otherwise I wouldn't be here."

"Don't do that again and even less when you tell me to standby." Xia Hua warned him and Xiazi smiled widely.

"I'm sorry I worry you, but as you can see, I am a diehard kind of man." Xiazi whisper.

"Don't push your luck too hard, it may backfire on you one day. Did you find Wu San Xing?" Xiao Hua asked to change the subject.

"Of course I did, we can join him now. This time his team is totally a mess of less professional ones. I'm honestly amaze he had manage to survive this far with such a bunch of idiots." Xiazi said.

"Then I guess is up to us to keep him safe the rest of the way." Xiao Hua said.

"Alright, follow me." Xiazi said and they walked side by side to meet with San Xing.

Zhang Qiling

In the moment Wu Xie look at him with those big brown eyes that fascinate him so much, always shining with curiosity, Zhang Qiling knew that his lover was about to question him about his sudden disappearance while chasing the stranger that had break into their little camp before.

He wasn't the kind of man that will offer explanations to others, but Wu Xie was an exception to that rule, not only because he loved him, but also because he trusted Wu Xie fully and if he asked, he will not deny him an answer, unless it was not his secret to share with others or he was forced to remain silent for his own good.

"So... Xiaoge..." Wu Xie begin, while offering Qiling a ration of the dry food he had, while they shared a rock they had sit on.

"Hum?" Xiaoge looked at him attentively, already knowing what was coming his way. Luckily, they were giving their backs to the other two men, otherwise, Pangzi will be rolling his eyes with their staring contest.

"Well... did you lose the stranger you were chasing before?" And so it begun.

"No." He said honestly.

"Then... did you catch him?" Wu Xie pressed.

"Yes." Xiaoge said simply.

"And...?" Wu Xie was trying for him to spill it all, but not surprisingly, unsuccessfully.

"It was Chen Wenjin." He whisper.

"What? How come it was her following us? Isn't she..."

"Yes, from that expedition." Xiaoge confirmed.

"Then, what happen? Did she got away? Why is she here? Is she looking for my uncle too?" Wu Xie fired up the questions.

"No, her reason is different." Xiaoge said as he bite a bit of the food Wu Xie offered to him.

"Then what is it? Did she tell you?" Wu Xie was now quite curious.

"Sorry, is not my secret to tell." Qiling apologize.

"Oh, hum... but did you ask for what she knows of you, right? Your missing past?" Wu Xie hoped.

"I did." Was Xiaoge's answer and Wu Xie waited patiently for him to elaborate a bit more... but then again he was Xiaoge.

"Come on what did she said to you?" Wu Xie asked excitedly.

"Sorry, I can't tell you." Wu Xie make a gesture of frustration with his hands as he fumed in silence.