The More I Can Love

Chubby Giorno because body positivity is important!

One shot/Post Vento Aureo AU

Summary: Things have certainly calmed down now after everything, so much so that Giorno has a lot more time to indulge. The effects of such upset him, but GER doesn't do insecurity.

__________

The day started out the same as usual, Giorno slowly rising from his bed and stretching almost catlike with a yawn. He groggily rubs his eyes as he slowly walks to the bathroom, hair slightly in disarray and eyes glassy. Once he's more awake, he puts himself together starting with his hairstyle. He handles the curls while GER plaits the rest of his hair, making small talk as they do so. This routine was always the same, always pleasant, but that stopped dead in its tracks once Giorno began getting dressed.

He puts on his pants first, tugging a bit but paying no mind to it at first. It was when he got to his thighs and waist that the blonde felt (and saw) something was off.

It was taking quite a bit of effort for Giorno to close the button, even zipping his fly was proving to be a difficult task. Did his pants shrink in the wash? No, he would never be so careless like that. When he finally get the pants on, they weren't uncomfortable, but very snug. Giorno tries to walk in them, see if he can stretch them out with movement, but they still clung to his skin snuggly.

Currently shirtless, Giorno makes his way to the full-body mirror in his room. Sizing up his body now, Giorno's face changes very quickly. His sides... were they always that... full? When he turns half of his body to the side, he can see the area just below his ribs form two firm rolls, nothing that out of the ordinary but very concerning to Giorno. His body didn't normally do that, he was never so soft like this before.

It dawns on him that he's put on some weight.

This can't be happening, the realization hits him like a bus, this cannot be happening. Hesitantly, the blonde brings his hands to his waist and squeezes. Yep, there were definitely a few extra pounds there among other places. How had he not noticed this? Giorno had always taken extreme care of himself, and yes, although he sat at his desk a lot of the time, he always made sure to make up for that time of no physical activity.

Huffing in annoyance, Giorno doesn't have time to dwell on this, he'll figure it out later. He continues getting dressed, and when he zips up his suit, he finds that the garment has also become very well fitted to him. Giorno sucks in for a moment to zip it all the way up to his chest.

This was beyond embarrassing to the blonde but he prays no one will notice as he finishes up and leaves his room. Thankfully he runs into no one on his way to his office and promptly closes the door, sighing heavily before making his way to his desk.

The day went fine, or at least it was going fine until Fugo entered the room. He'd come by to drop off a report, but now that Giorno was aware of his situation, he couldn't help but wonder why Fugo or any other of his close friends hadn't mentioned that he'd put on weight. Maybe they didn't want to be rude? Still, the thoughts gnawed at Giorno endlessly until Fugo left.

No one had thought to say something? Bruno, Narancia, even Abbacchio? Maybe it was best Abbacchio didn't mention it, he would most likely pick on Giorno for it instead. That thought made Giorno's mind wander to the high probability that his subordinates talked about it among themselves...

Giorno couldn't bring himself to do much else of his paperwork afterward. He sat at his desk, fidgeting with his suit every now and then, too many thoughts of self-pity and insecurity swimming in his head.