Chapter 20

I was waiting for the bullet to hit me. But it didn't happen. I saw the bullet coming towards me but instead of piercing my skin, as I expected it to, it hit the wall behind me. For a second I saw death before me.

"You wanted to die then why were you afraid." I didn't notice that Ryan has reduced the distance between us and want in front of me.

"Nobody can take you away from me. You are mine. Mine to love, care and torture, if the situation comes," he said.

"I'm not yours," I said bravely. I don't know from where this bravery came but I know that this bravery would lead me to danger named Ryan's anger, which I have witnessed and I don't want to witness again.

He pulled me to him by my waist and whispered in my ear," You are mine from the second you looked at me and you will be mine forever. Do you understand?" He asked. Although I wanted to shook my head still I nodded.

He kissed my forehead. I want to rub the area where he kissed and took my hand for it but stopped when he glared at me, challenging me to do it. My hands dropped by my side. He looked pleased.

"Now, like a good girl go to your room," he commanded. "And don't try to escape if you want Cirrus to breathe," he whispered in my ear. I turned towards the door and I, literally ran out of it. Once outside, I rubbed my forehead.

"What does he think of himself?" I questioned my reflection formed on the closed doors of the lift. Inside my head, I killed Ryan a hundred times in hundred ways. I went to my room and changed into something comfy. I laid down on the bed, my back facing towards the door. My eyes were trained on the moon for some time and soon my eyes lids dropped.

~√~√~

I opened my eyes and felt a weight on my waist. I was still facing the balcony and the sunlight was falling on my face. I saw the weight and it turned out to be a hand. Don't tell me that I have cut someone's hand. I looked behind me and saw Ryan sleeping. I know if I start wriggling he would tighten his hold so I kicked him and he fell on the ground.

He glared at me while rubbing his back. Oops, I kicked him too hard. I ran into the bathroom before he could do something. I wore my pink salwar kameez and came out of the bathroom after seeing that the coast is clear.

Earlier I was not allowed to go out of the main gate and now I'm not allowed to go out of this mansion and there are two guards outside my room, who will follow me wherever I go except for my room. Happiness!

I was watching 'Taana Baana' --- a Pakistani Drama when Ryan came and told me that we have to attend a baby shower.

I continued watching the show and he continued watching me with his arms crossed against his chest. I know he is getting irritated but what to do I can't skip this part. Suddenly, my phone was being snatched by Ryan.

"You have 10 minutes to get ready," he said walking away with my phone. My Zain and Zoya!!!

I wore my orange lehenga and got ready in 10 minutes. Never underestimate the power of a girl. If we take one hour to get ready we can also take ten minutes to get ready.

I descended the stairs and saw Jack and Jacky wearing a tux. And beside them were Sneha and Mahi. I ran towards him not caring to lift the skirt. I hug them both and they fell on the sofa, which was behind them, with me still hugging them.

"Damn you became so heavy," Sneha complained. "I missed you, two," I said after I stood up.

"I missed you too," they both said at the same time. Our short moment was cut short because of Jack and Jacky clearing their throats.

"I think we should go," Jack said. We, girls, nodded. I wanted to go with Sneha and Mahi but couldn't because of Ryan. He forced me into his car. We reached the venue and it was decorated with plastic flower, balloons and ribbons. We went inside and everyone was looking at our outfit. Let just say all of them wore short dresses and we wore traditional ones. We went to the mommy-to-be and she was a sweet lady of 25. Her name is Scarlett Johansson. We three enjoyed the baby shower as we met after such a long time.

I pulled Sneha and Mahi into a scheduled part of the hall. I asked Sneha and Mahi if they are happy with Jack and Jacky. Surprisingly, they blushed before nodding. I am happy as they are happy. Now it means that I'm the unhappy one.

"Are you happy with Ryan?" Mahi asked.

"Why shouldn't she? Ryan loves her so much. You know whenever he talks to us he asks about you. He even threatened Jack and Jacky that if we cry then they should consider themselves dead. I see him as my brother," Sneha said dramatically.

"Ignore her. But really, Ryan is so good although he is in Mafia. I also consider him as my big brother," Mahi said.

"But seriously are you happy?" Sneha asked. Before I could reply Jack and Jacky took them away.

Why is the world against me?

When I want to hate Ryan, someone says something good about him and make a soft corner for him in my heart.

A/N

Our Ayantika aka Saboor Aly is engaged!!!!

I'm so so so happy.