Chapter 7

Ryan P.O.V.

I woke up and looked at the couch. I saw Ayantika sleeping but in a weird position. Her body was completely on the floor but her head was on the couch. She can really sleep.

I went to her and kicked her leg slightly. In response, she slept on the floor, completely. I again kicked her and she slapped my leg. It means that she hit the person who tries to wake her up, as said by Jacky.

I looked at my bedside table and saw a glass of water. I took it and pour it on her.

"You idiot, duffer," saying this dye sat up and started removing the water from her face.

"I was about to hug hi..." She stopped when she saw me. She looked around and the realisation hit her. I offered my hand which she accepted and stood up.

"I'm sorry," she said and went away. When she closed the door, I smiled remembering her cute face. And then I heard a click.

"After nine years, I saw you smiling," Jack said showing me the picture of me smiling.

"Delete it," I said.

"Delete it? Are you crazy? I'm gonna use it as my wallpaper," He said.

"What about Sneha and Mahi?" I asked Jacky, who was standing beside Jack.

"We have kept them in separate rooms. Sneha is good, we can handle her but Mahi, she is a headache..." Jacky was cut off by Jack.

"Mahi is not a headache," Jack said.

"After listening to her I got a headache yesterday," Jacky said.

"Mahi even tried to escape but failed. She tried to contact Ayantika but I snatched her phone," Jacky said.

"Does Ayantika know about us?" Jack asked.

"No," I said while entering the bathroom.

Ayantika P.O.V.

I went to the dining room after freshening up and saw that nobody was there.

I came early.

"Why are you standing here? Come and have breakfast," Ryan said while going to the table.

"Why aren't others here?" I asked while filling my plate with food.

"They already had their food," he said taking a bite.

"You will attend your classes in my office. If I am not there then you will stay in the living room," he said.

"Why not in my room?" I asked.

"Because I don't want you to run away," he said.

"Don't you have guards outside your mansion?" I asked. He nodded.

"And I don't know anybody here so I'll not run away," I said with a Don't-you-have-a-brain face.

After having food, he took me to a new side of the hall. There was a lift. Who the hell has a lift inside their house? He pressed some buttons and the doot of the lift opened. We entered it and again he pressed another button and the lift started going up.

It opened inside an office. He took me to the couch on one side of the room and then he got seated in his seat. The office room is as big as my room. There was a managing table which had files on it. On one side of the wall, there is a shelf which has different awards, certificates and trophies.

By the time, I completed my classes it was 12:30 p.m., God I hate to do online class. Online class don't have the fun that physical class have. Here, I can't talk with Sneha or Mahi.

Speaking of Sneha and Mahi, I haven't talked to them for two days. I have to contact them later, I thought. But then I remembered that Ryan hasn't permitted me to contact them.

You should ask him? A voice in my mind said. Well, let me introduce you to the mini-me who was silent during the past few days.

Thinking about her idea, it's not bad.

"Ryan," I said to gain his attention. He looked at me after typing something on his laptop.

"Can I contact Sneha or Mahi?" I asked hopefully, which got shattered when he said NO. I put the book on the couch beside me and stood before his desk, to start a fight with him for not allowing me to talk to my best friend.

"Please," I requested when he looked at me with those Brown eyes. All the thought of fighting with him flew out of the world.

"I said NO means NO," he said in a monotone and started doing his work.

I'll contact them secretly, I thought.

"Don't try to contact them secretly," he said not taking his eye off the laptop. How could he know what I was thinking? Did I say it aloud?

"How?" I asked.

"My work made me an expert in reading people's face," he said emphasising on the word 'work'. It seems that the word has an underlying meaning.

"What do you do?" I asked realizing that I don't know what he does that made him rich.

"I'm a businessman," he said.

"What business?" I asked getting interested.

"I have resorts and tycoons spread across the world. I have several clothes and electronic devices business also," he said proudly.

"Wow," I said in admiration.

"Anyway you should go to your room," he said glancing at his watch. I went to the door after collecting my books. Before I could exit, he said," Don't you dare to call them."

I went to my room and looked at the number of Sneha and Mahi. My hand was itching to click the 'call' button but I refrained myself from doing it.

I went down when a maid knocked on my door informing me that lunch is ready. I took a seat on the right side of Ryan. Beside me, Jack was sitting. In front of me, Jacky was sitting. We are the only ones sitting at the table.

"Where are others?" I asked Jack.

"You will see them at dinner," he said. We started having our lunch. I saw Jacky looking at his phone several times. And suddenly he stood up.

"Jack we have to go, it's an emergency," he said. Jack wiped his mouth with the napkin and stood up.

"Shall I come?" Ryan asked.

"No boss, we can handle it. I'll bring," he paused and looked at me. "You a gift," he completed the sentence and went away with Jack.

They are probably hiding something. And something is not good.

A/N

How's the chapter???