Chapter 15

Have you ever dreamt that you are falling from a swing or a building and jerk up from your sleep? Well, that happened to me.

I saw that I was falling from a cliff and sat up with the speed of light and meet with Ryan's face void of any emotions. He went out without saying anything. Then I remembered everything. A prison-like place and a man tied to a chair and Ryan with a knife and an evil smile.

Shit! I looked around the room and saw that it is a new room. The walls are of peach colour. Although the colour is calming, it didn't calm my racing heart.

What should I do now? Why was Ryan bitting the man? Why is there a prison in this house? Why does...

The door opened and Ryan cane with a servant following him. The maid had a tray with her. She kept it on the Ottoman after Ryan motioned her to. Then the maid left the room and closed the door on her way out. I felt fear flowing in my body rather than blood. Ryan took small strides to be and I started feeling uneasy. He sat before me.

I can't run through the door but I can run to the bathroom if he tried to kill me.

"I know you have some questions. You can ask," he commanded. Before I could open my mouth he added," only three questions.'' I have hundreds of questions, which three to ask. I ask the question which seemed to be more logical to ask at this time.

"Why were you bitting the man?" I asked with fear lacing my voice.

"Because I wanted to. And it's common in my profession," he said with pride.

"What is your profession?" Was my second question.

"Mafia. I'm a Mafia Boss," he said without any hesitation. Just hearing it gave me a chill and he said it like he is proud of it.

HE IS A MAFIA BOSS.

"Next question," he said folding his sleeves.

"Why did you bring me here from Canada?"

"Because I want you," he said and leaned in. I pushed my head backwards slowly until I couldn't push it more due to the headboard. "here. Beside me," he said and leaned in more. I closed my eyes. I can feel his breath on my lips then his lips on my cheeks.

Why my stomach is somersaulting?

"I have to go to a meeting. I'll see you later," he said and went away from the room. I'll have to run right now. I took my backpack which I found on the chair and went to the door.

Freedom here I come.

But my freedom shattered into infinity pieces when I saw two bulky men outside my room.

"Do you need anything?" One of them asked in a hoarse voice. Without answering I closed the door. Now from where should I go?

Window

I opened the window and the plan of escaping through the window went deep inside my cerebrum. Outside my window, five men are guarding it. Ryan has planned everything before going out. I took out the book from my backpack and started reading it, having nothing else to do.

From time to time I kept looking at the food wanting to take a bite but stopped myself, as the ingredients may be brought by killing someone.

At around 3 p.m. a maid cane with a bag and without saying left with the tray of food. There was a note stocking on the bag.

Get ready at 7 p.m. It reads.

Inside the bag, there was a blue dress. I took a nap and woke up around 6 p.m. Enough time to get ready.