But why? Lady Kelli's dowry could not be substantial, particularly as Kelli had refused support from the Chase family.

But Percy was more interested in the woman on Luke's left arm. This woman had an air of haughty arrogance, but at least she was dressed far more elegantly. She had blonde hair like Annabeth's, but leaning towards more of a dark honey. Her dark eyes, almost cat-like, flashed as the three walked into the large room. The three of them made for a picturesque scene as they entered.

"What is she doing here?" Percy wondered. More specifically, why was she with Luke?

That woman was Princess Medea of the Colchis Kingdom. She was the candidate most likely to be Prince Jason's fiancee out of the other two candidates. One candidate had not arrived suspiciously, and the last candidate was a demure young girl. Compared to the other two, Princess Medea had the influence of the Colchis nation, beauty, and the demeanor of a future queen.

"Announcing the arrival of Their Royal Highnesses, Crown Princess Thalia Grace and Prince Jason Grace!" A herald cried.

Everyone in the ballroom turned towards the entrance and lowered their heads in respect. Percy kept a frown off of his face as his cousins walked in. The appearance of the beautiful royals made for even a bigger splash in the invited attendees as the royal rarely attended but the most honored events.

Luke and the two women nodded their respects to the royal siblings. Eventually, Princess Medea loosened her arm from Count Castellan and took the place by Jason's side. The two other candidates for Prince Jason's wife were not in attendance. The action seemed like it was sending out a message that Princess Media of the Colchis Kingdom was soon to be confirmed.

Percy detected the tiniest frown on Prince Jason's expression before it was smoothed over like nothing happened.

"Duke Jackson, my dear cousin, and Lady Annabeth, my soon-to-be cousin-in-law. Congratulations on your engagement," Thalia said.

"Thank you, Your Highness," Percy returned.

The cousins had to pretend not to be too close with each other. In reality, Percy was Thalia's right hand man and key to gathering information that threatened the Cuora nation.

"Congratulations, Duke Percy, Lady Annabeth. May your marriage be long and fulfilling," Prince Jason said.

"I do hope that our marriage can be just as blissful as yours," Princess Medea said with a soft smile.

The corner of Thalia's lips barely twitched. "Yes, my brother's married life will be happy, I'm sure, regardless of whomever is officially chosen as his wife."

And here the battlefield of biting words in society began.

The foreign princess' smile lost some of its elegance for Thalia was reminding her that no official decision had been made regarding Jason's future wife, even if Medea was taken as Jason's escort today. Jason himself did not comment, nor did his expression change in the slightest. He could not lower himself to comment on the situation. After all, it was presumptuous of the Colchis princess to be announcing that she was going to marry into the Cuora nation.

But the gracefulness of a princess was ingrained since she was a toddler, and Princess Medea's expression quickly smoothed itself into an appropriate one once more.

Breaking the awkward silence, Luke and Annabeth's cousin made their polite greetings and congratulations. Percy deliberately turned his head towards Annabeth when Lady Kelli's bosom threatened to spill over her low cut dress as she curtsied. Prince Jason was murmuring something to his sister and did not spare a glance at Lady Kelli, so only Luke's and a few other nearby men's lecherous eyes stared at Kelli's chest.