thirty six

a/n: pre chapter note. i am NOT good with fluff. but hey, it's the beginning of the end, so why not?

"where are we going, jin?" felix asked. he was being led by hyunjin to some place now and to be fair, he was not having a great time with the secrecy. it made the younger boy squirmy and scared. but he trusted hyunjin, so he allowed him to do that.

hyunjin grinned, "you'll see, lix. come on, we're not far from it!"

and so hyunjin kept on dragging felix to this special place, as hyunjin mentioned to felix. felix was just admiring the street view in busan. it's been so long since he was last in busan a lot of the places he used to know had changed already. he remembered that there was a candy shop near where he and hyunjin were right now and the two best friends would always go there after school just to grab some treats on the way back home. it was now a chain store that sold swimwear and all those shizzles. not that felix didn't like to swim, he loved it, he just rather had a candy store there.

"we're here!" hyunjin announced, pulling felix towards him so the two could halt to a stop. felix glanced up and frowned, "isn't this the-"

"it's the pc cafe you, jisung, minho and i used to go to during high school! yeah, i actually asked them to come down here all the way from donghae just so you could see them before you, uh, go. i just thought it might be nice, you know, to catch up with people you know." hyunjin explained himself. felix looked over at his soulmate, not believing a word hyunjin just spoke. how could someone be this nice and considerate?

and maybe, just maybe, felix felt bad for lying to hyunjin.

"thank you." felix said, and he hopped into hyunjin's arms, causing the older to lose his balance for a bit, "thank you, thank you, thank you! oh, jinnie, that's so amazing! thank you so, so, so, so, so much!"

hyunjin chuckled and stroked felix's hair, putting him down on his feet in the process, "let's go in and meet them, yeah?"

and the soulmates went in. they entered the pc cafe and felix was honestly surprised by how similar it was to back when he was in school. no major changes were done to the pc cafe and felix loved that. yeah, he may be an undercover spy for park junwong now, but that doesn't mean he doesn't treasure the memories he had with his high school best friends.

the two went to one of their usual spots and felix immediately felt every weight that were on his shoulders lifted up. he grinned when he saw the pair of soulmates, sitting in front of their individual computer and battling the shit out of each other.

"yah! you don't deserve to win!" jisung yelled, slapping minho on the forearm with his left hand. minho crackled and glared at jisung, "but you deserve to lose! loser! should i spell it out for you? l-o-s-e-r! that's you, jisungie!"

felix laughed at the two's dynamic, making the couple — couple? felix wasn't sure — turn around and their eyes widening. felix frowned, thinking that hyunjin must've told them they were meeting with him today. why were the two so surprised?

"oh my God! i thought hyunjin was lying! hey, felix! how's everything going?" jisung asked, immediately getting up from his chair to hug felix tightly. felix chuckled and patted jisung's back, a big smile on his face as well.

"yeah, everything's fine. everything's normal. minho, come here." felix opened his arms wide open for minho only to have the other turn away. "i only do hugs from jisung."

felix pouted, "aw, come on. one hug wouldn't hurt now, would it, min?"

minho glanced at felix and his lips curled up into a small grin, "i guess it wouldn't. come here, you big doofus. how's australia?"

while felix and the soulmates interacted, hyunjin just stood there, leaning against one of the aisle of table and watched them interact. it brought him so much joy knowing that the trio had still manage to bond even after four years had past. it just made him so happy and hyunjin didn't even know why. perhaps it was because his soulmate was feeling happy and hyunjin was only feeling it too? or perhaps hyunjin was truly happy that felix and jisung and minho were catching up with each other. either way, hyunjin was happy.

"how's everything going for the two of you?" hyunjin asked after a while. the two started to talk about how they moved in together into an apartment for university and how their relationship just bloomed from there. the two had the most normal life anyone could have asked for: went to university together, lived in a shared apartment, going to have their gap year this coming term, and finally completing university next year.

hyunjin wished he could live that life as well. but he knew he gave up on it the moment he saved hongjoong from that guy that night seven years ago. he knew he had gave up his chance on any chance of 'being normal' that night. but hyunjin didn't regret it because if you asked him if he would do it again, he definitely would've. there wouldn't be a lifetime where hyunjin wouldn't choose not to save hongjoong. because he's that kind of person. he doesn't mind giving up his normal for someone else to have a chance at that.

"how about you two? how are things for the two of you?" minho asked, looking at the pair of soulmates and waiting for their answer. hyunjin looked over at felix and felix looked over at hyunjin, the two not sure of what they should answer. should they tell the two that they haven't even asked if they liked each other? or that they probably don't even like each other anymore? the entire thing was just awkward.

jisung slapped minho softly on the forearm, "yah! felix just came back a few days ago. i doubt they'd have any progress. please tell me the two of you do know you're each other's soulmate, right?"

felix chuckled lightly, "yeah, yeah we do. jinnie told me the day before i left for australia."

jisung rolled his eyes, glaring at hyunjin afterwards, "you're such a coward, hwang hyunjin."

hyunjin scoffed, "at least i told my soulmate that! you waited until yours told you because you were scared he'd reject you. now who's the real coward here, hm?"

"is that real, jisungie? you know i'm very openly gay even before we met each other. were you really scared?" minho asked the younger of the two. jisung's face flushed pink and he glared even harder at hyunjin, "you ass. he wasn't supposed to know!"

hyunjin laughed so hardly felix thought he was actually going to topple over and fall on the computers, "you- ha! see! you're the real coward here, han jisung!"

a/n: been confirmed i don't know how to end chapters.