twenty five

it's been about three weeks since hongjoong and hyunjin semi kidnapped seonghwa and wooyoung. hongjoong and seonghwa had been much more comfortable around each other and seonghwa even told wooyoung that he wanted to confess to hongjoong. but wooyoung decided against it since confessing after three weeks honestly felt like too quick.

even for a romantic like him.

hyunjin and wooyoung got closer during the past few weeks as well. the two would often go out to buy groceries and also pull a few harmless pranks to the billionaires they cross by on the busan streets. they would pull on the exquisite (and out of time) dresses of women only to point at the guy behind her; they would snatch the top hats men were wearing and play a role, the two cracking up and the men looking at them disapprovingly; they would play with the dogs that were leashed on by a pair of expensive looking couple only to try and release the dog from its leash.

yeah, they did all sorts of things. and every time they came back from grocery shopping, the older boys would look at them and judging their every movement. wooyoung and hyunjin never told them what exactly they did on the streets. it wasn't like they're their parents.

"so, tell me. how's your soulmate like?" wooyoung asked, sipping on his hot chocolate while sitting cross-legged and across from hyunjin.

it was another one of those nights where seonghwa and hongjoong would spend their night out. seonghwa was the one who proposed it and hyunjin and wooyoung did not hesitate to point out how the oldest boy just wanted to have a fake date with hongjoong. seonghwa didn't deny nor admit it, but wooyoung knew that his best friend just wanted some peace and quiet with hongjoong without dealing with the two troublemakers.

and so, hyunjin and wooyoung found their own thing to do while the two boys were out. they would either have a movie night, a major cook down (which wooyoung always won) or just a night where they sit together and talk about stuff. tonight was one of the nights where wooyoung and hyunjin sat opposite to each other and sipped on their preferred drink.

"how was your soulmate like." hyunjin corrected, a sad smile on his face. wooyoung glanced up from his drink and frowned, "i'm so sorry."

hyunjin frowned before cracking a grin, "oh no, he's not dead, wooyoung. he's just... not with me. that's all."

wooyoung's frown was still there. he was more than confused with hyunjin's words. sure, he knows that not all soulmates end up together and have their happily ever after, but the way hyunjin talked about it was almost like it never even happened.

"you want me to elaborate." hyunjin said after observing his friend's face. wooyoung nodded, rolling his eyes, "duh. don't be so mysterious and let me listen to your tragic love story."

hyunjin chuckled, "alright, alright. his name's lee felix. he was an exchange student from australia. i met him when we were 14. i was still at school even after the whole hongjoong fiesta since my parents didn't want any suspicion to be casted upon me. anyways, enough background information.

"felix's really, really nice. he's everything i could have asked for. and i kind of knew he was my soulmate from that moment on. it was really confusing, to be honest, and i wouldn't blame him if the thought of me being his soulmate never crossed his mind. he did meet a lot of people that day. we quickly became friends because we also had an aussie in our friend group — his name's chris — and the two of us got close immediately. he would come over to my house so very often just to hang out and stay for dinner, sometimes he'd also stay the night. i thought it was something special, you know? something he'd only do if he was with me.

"but i was way too self centred to think so. he does that with everyone in our friend group, apparently. and i don't think it's wrong for him to do so since if i was in his shoe, i would want to get close to as many people as i could. but we still remained close after i found out. it wasn't long until i started developing feelings for him. and i think he sorta knew, 'cause he would stop the touching and smiling around me. i don't know why. maybe he didn't like me back. maybe he was disgusted that i like males. i don't know.