Planning the Big Move

"(Y/N), let's get married."

Those four special words echoed inside your mind. Your heart began to beat faster. Did he really mean this? Was he in the right state to think this thoroughly? Judging by his serious eyes staring at you deeply, waiting for your honest answer, he did. You had mixed emotions about this: gladness, confusion, overwhelmed, internally fangirling, or just shocked. You know that there is no other man that could ever treat and love you as much as Yagami Light, as well as the fact that this marriage proposal is quite a rush, but you could understand that. As long as your lover is happy, then you'd be happy. You embraced him tightly once more, and whispered in his ear. "Yes, Light-kun..."

Tears welled up in his eyes again. Light wrapped his lean arms around your waist and cried on your shoulder without hesitation.

At the first few days of knowing him as Kira, and living with him, being his partner in crime, you only see him as a strong and determined man who will never get defenseless, even for a second. However, this was the very first time you witnessed him pouring out all his true emotions. Somehow, you felt a sudden rush of relief; now you know that he won't and can't hide anything from you from then on.

You stroked his soft hair. "You don't need to be afraid anymore, because you're not going to be alone for good. I'll always be with you, Light-kun, okay?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of days later, the Japanese Task Force started to plan their big move on Kira. The work each person had was as twice--or thrice as much as before. Souchiro was assigned by L to keep all the members on task, and made sure that they were actually doing the sufficient amount of duties. Miharu had to be the scheduler of all the events that should happen, including the arrival of N and M--L wanted this specific matter to be depicted as soon as possible. According to one of  the Special Provision for Kira (SPK) members, Hal Lidner, the two detectives will arrive this midnight, and will go straight to the headquarters. 

L's POV

In the corner of the room, I was biting my thumb slowly while double-examining the Death Note of the second Kira. There is a 94% chance that this Kira is Yagami's lover. Based on the reports by two of my agents, Bosco-san and Guille-san, the couple has been getting clingier and secretive from the public each day. And Miharu-chan, she stated that she absolutely knew for sure that (Y/F/N) is one of the Kiras. However, I cannot certify that until I see legit evidence. My mind suddenly flashes back to the first time I met (Y/N)-san...

I poked (Y/N)-san from behind. She turned around and froze, as if she has seen a phantom standing in front of her. "You're (Y/N), right? I am L. Nice to meet you."

It took her five seconds to respond. "L...?" she said, squinting her eyes. Her stare slowly went above my head.

I noticed her direction of vision, so I asked: "Is there cake in my hair?"  as I touched it. Of course, that was an act I did to let (Y/N) have an uncomfortable impression of me. She sighed in disappointment. "No, no. And yes, I'm (Y/N). Pleasure to meet you, too." A mischievous smile spread across her face. 

But something quickly made her stop smiling when I wore my intimidating face. She twitched hereye and slowly backed off. 

A few minutes later, Miharu tugged my sleeve and dragged me to where there could be no one who could hear us. "So.. what else have you found out about (Y/N)? Getting any evidence?" she questioned.

"I have a lot of questions unanswered yet. I'll try to figure them out soon." I thought about it for a brief moment and sighed. "But her glare at me... she was staring on top of my head, observing something." 

"Maybe... maybe she had a special ability that are only exclusive for them. Well, it may sound nearly impossible, but there's still a possibility, actually. I'll be doing my turn." She then trailed off until she was out of my vision.

"Special... ability?"

I clasped my hands together. That's it. A special ability, that may be something more than just writing down names in this notebook. A special ability, that has to do with one's sight. A special ability, that Yagami Light does not hold?

I rose up with the Note clutched between my two fingers, and approached Souchiro-san, who was sipping on his coffee. "Souchiro-san, what might you suspet about your son's girlfriend on being the second Kira?" I asked while inching my face closer to his.

He backed away for approximately 6.5 centimeters. He rubbed his chin for a moment and thought about it. "Hm... Well, she seems too frail to be one of the Kiras... although she acts uncomfortable whenever she is in our premises, or when she spots one of us. Overall, I think she's a good and promising girlfriend to Light. And that could mean that she works with... K-Kira..." Souchiro had difficulties when mentioning Kira, Yagami Light. 

"I see," I replied. "Do you think we could easily catch Kira... if we kill one of the two lovers?"

He immediately dropped his mug, resulting for the rest of his coffee to wet the carpeted floor. Everyone turned their heads to us in shock and confusion.

From out of the blue, a large figure came rushing to me. Once it stopped in my face, I could see clearly that it was the death god, Rem.

"You are not going to kill Light nor (Y/N)!" she yelled threateningly. "I do not want (Y/N) to die... especially in your hands. And if Light dies, then it will hurt her a lot. That's why, I suggest you not to ever attempt to write either of their names on the Death Note, or even kill them physically. You will surely not succeed, Lawliet. I have my own plans if you try to do that, and I am committed to it."

There was a moment of silence until a knock on the door broke the streak. Mogi opened it and revealed two men wearing suits. He invited them to step inside.

"Hello. I am Anthony Rester, SPK's second-in-command and operation leader." He presented his badge for proof. "And this is Stephen Gevanni, one of SPK's highly-skilled investigators." The other man presented his badge for proof as well. "So, you must be L?"

I walked forward, both hands shoved into my pockets. "Hello, Rester-san, Gevanni-san. Yes, I am L."

"Near and Mello have arrived," Gevanni-san announced. The two stepped aside from the doorway and there stood two young men--one with blonde hair and a chocolate bar, and one with white hair and a robotic action figure. They both smiled menacingly.