Married

Narrator's POV

You stood outside on the grassy hill nearby the temporary house you and Light were staying at. It has been only a day that has passed after the two of you had gotten married, and so far, Light treats you very much like his wife, while you, you're still trying your best to calm yourself down whenever he says or does something that a married couple would do.

The wind tarried across your pinkish cheeks and (H/C) hair. You inhaled the fresh air, then exhaled as you fluttered your eyes shut for a moment. You opened them once again to stretch your left hand and look at your lightly-studded diamond wedding ring, forming a smile on your lips. Ah, you could still remember perfectly the day you and Light got married...

The two of you decided to have a private wedding. There were only a few number of guests that attended, which are only the ones that you know that they are not really engaged in anything that has to do with Kira and the case.

As you walked down the aisle with a pure white wedding gown, embroidered with gold floral designs at its tips, hair curled and styled into a flowery bun with little sparkly stones scattered around, you saw the person who you love the most, Yagami Light. Not only that he wore a very decent suit, but he also wore the biggest smile on his face.

When you reached the front, Light couldn't help but compliment you. "You look very beautiful, (Y/N)," he said.

You blushed. "Aw, shut up," you joked.

He raised a brow. "Hm? I never recalled proposing to a girl who still has the idea to be a tsundere at our wedding."

You chuckled. The minister faked a cough to grab your attentions. He began to recite his speech; both of you listened intently.

"Light and (Y/N), your love for each other will grow deeper and deeper every day, but it is also important to remember that your love is on a foundation of great, mutual affection and respect. To truly love another person is to be willing to accept both their strong points, as well as their weak points, with equal measures of understanding and respect

The vows you are about to exchange on this very day shall be the symbol of commitment and the strong love located within your very hearts and souls, that shall bond you together as one. Please face each other, and allow the groom to repeat these sacred vows I am about to state. 'This woman I marry'..."

Light turned around to face you. "This woman I marry... no matter what the situation is... I will love this person... respect this person... console this person... help this person... until death... protecting fidelity. I promise."

Now it was your turn to vow.You raised your head up to gaze at his eyes. "This man I marry... no matter what the situation is... I will love this person... respect this person... console this person... help this person... until death... protecting fidelity. I promise."

The ring bearer marched up to the front to present two amazingly beautiful wedding rings, loosely tied into a ribbon with a white lace. Light first pulled out one of the rings from the pillow. He then took your hand and slowly put it on your finger. You did the same thing as well: pulled out the other ring from the pillow, grabbed Light's hand and inserted it on the same finger.

Finally, the minister came to the conclusion of the ceremony. "Friends and loved ones, it is with great honor that I present to you for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Yagami." He paused for a brief moment and sighed while cracking a smile at Light. "You may now kiss the bride."

Your face immediately turned red. On that very second, your brain wanted to think of all of the possible kisses he could give to you--whether it was a sweet, soft kiss, or a quick, rough kiss, however, your heart stops your mind from panicking. Light lifted your veil up, caressed your cheek with his hand and whispered, "Aishiteruyo."

Once your lips met, you could feel a sudden excitement from the bottom of your heart. After all of the misunderstandings and care that happened, it got paid off with a valuable reward.

"(Y/N)-chan?" a voice called. You looked over your shoulder and saw your husband, Light. He put a hand on his hip (but not in a sassy way or anything). "What are you still doing out here all alone?" he asked.

"U-Um... nothing special. Just getting some fresh air or something, I guess." You let out a nervous laugh.

"Eh? Is that so?" Light scooped you off from the ground and carried you bridal-style all the way back to the house.

Your face flushed. "O-Oi! L-Light-kun! Put me down!!"

"Nuh-uh."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

When you reached the home, he finally set you down on the doorsteps. Then, he sat beside you, grasping your hand where your ring is. The two of you were quiet for a while until Light broke the silence.

"You know," he began, "I've been waiting for this very day to come: the day where you and I get to spend time alone as ordinary humans, without any power to use. It feels really strange, actually. I never thought about Kira's obligations nor the Kira case ever since, and it's like there's a part of me that seems blank. But, it doesn't mean that I want to get on with the cruel reality. Being by your side every single second feels like only a dream. Just a little while longer, I want to be with you." He scooted closer to you, wrapping his arm around you. "This woman I marry, no matter what the situation is, I will love this person, respect this person, console this person, help this person until death, protecting fidelity." 

You looked down, avoiding to make eye contact with him because you were on the verge of tears. Your husband sighed, rose up and extended a hand for you. "C'mon, let's go inside."

You nodded and grabbed his hand.

Time quickly flew by until you realized that it was already nighttime. The two of you were inside one bedroom, and for the first time, you were about to sleep together, in one bed. You were downright restless, waiting for Light to step out of the bathroom and lie on the comfortable matress. You were still sitting down, fiddling your fingers and toes.

You started to mentally panic. "Hnngh...! What am I supposed to do once he gets out, ready to go to bed, right beside me?! What am I supposed to feel? What should I say? Am I even supposed to say anything? What--"

The bathroom door swung open.

You frantically jumped up, letting out a yelp. Light raised a brow and then tried to hold a laugh.

You frowned. "W-What's so funny..?"

He smirked. "The way you're so nervous right now. Stop it. You look stupid."

"W-What?! Stupid?! I-I'm not stupid, and I'm not nervous!" you lied.

"Oh, really?"

Unfortunately, lying was a bad choice. Light approached you, and pinned you down on the bed. Your eyes grew very big in surprise. You blushed like never before. You shut your eyes tightly and bit your lips, hoping that the night won't turn out... with a taste of lemon, if you know what I mean.

Instead, your lover chuckled. He took his hands off of you and lied down on the bed properly. You slowly opened one eye, and then your other. You quickly sat up, looking at Light with a "what-the-heck-just-happened" expression. 

"W-What was that for, i-idiot?!" you shouted, face still red. You clenched your fists, attempting to throw a jab at him.

"Oh, uh, look at the time! It's time to get some rest now, (Y/N). Oyasumi!" He turned the lamp off and pretended to snore.

"O-Oi!! Light-kun! Wake up!! I can't see where to lie my head down," you whined.

In response, Light pulled you down closely beside him. He planted a good-night kiss on your forehead before saying, "Oyasuminasai, (Y/N)-chan."