Act 13: The Unchaste

Start from the beginning

However, Romru had forgotten one detail. Legolas was the son of Thranduil, and the grandson of Oropher, he was the prince and a warrior. Indeed, he was a young elfin but he was strong, strong enough to go through all the pain and abuse. And luck was with him one day when Lord Elrond visited and noted that there was something wrong with Legolas. It didn't take long and the secret was out. Legolas spoke the truth and Romru was banished from Mirkwood.

Thranduil, allowed Legolas to travel in Imladris with Lord Elrond to be healed, body and soul. The Elvenking asked the Lord of Rivendell to keep his son in Rivendell. Legolas was trough enough pain, and time away from Mirkwood would be best for Legolas. He was convinced to let Legolas remain for ever in Imladris if it would bring peace to the darkness he was dwelt.

Legolas healed, and he stayed in Imladris for few decades. He always found the forest of Imladris and Lothlórien brighter. But his heart remained in Mirkwood and he needed to return to his homeland and aid his father. Because Legolas loved his father and cared about him. He would never remain away from home. He returned to Mirkwood, and aided the Elvenking.

Romru had lost the battle, but not the war. His son Nastedir was allowed to stay in Mirkwood. He became a close friend to Legolas and Tauriel. Legolas thought him a trusted friend, and Thranduil never acknowledged that he was actually working under his father's command. Until, he started riding out again and coming in contact with his subjects and other races. It was then when he figured out that his new captain and son of Romru brought more despair to Mirkwood. How could he be so blind?

At least now he managed to banish Nastedir and he was riding with his guard and troops to face any attacks towards Mirkwood. What the Elvenking had not yet figured out was that a new enemy was rising. The Unchasted were finally united under Nastedir's name, and now he would have one more foe to battle with. Mirkwood was facing more than one enemy, and darkness was growing. When the rest of Middle-earth was getting ready to fight Sauron and his allies, Mikrwood was facing another challenge.

Romru wasn't different from the Elvenking, he wanted unlimited power, and after he would obtain it, he would destroy everything in his reach. His ways were dark, and his plans malicious. If he somehow managed to rise to his full potential, he would burn and ruin anything in his passing. It wasn't clear if he was acting alone or he was working with the enemy, but his ways were dark and his goals shadowy.

His son was different. Indeed Romru had taught him wise. To him, it seemed like the perfect tool to stand next to him. And he accepted that role, he learned, he was so hungry to collect all the knowledge he offered him. And living most of his life in Mirkwood aided him slowly understand how the Elvenking worked, and his father's lessons gave him even the ability to lead the unchaste.

His boots echoed down the corridors as his mind was counting the number of her attempts to reach a higher position in the Halls of Thranduil, but he without Legolas support he couldn't. His shoulders bumped into his side in pace with his precise stride. Courtesy dictated that he should press the door chime before entering.

Though today was not a day for courtesy.

The door finally opened and reveal a light-faced man who was waiting for him. He was sitting on the type of throne, tapping his fingers in a dark fast rhythm. "You are late," he said, looking up at him.

"I need you to know, I tried to convince him... But it's only getting more difficult these days," Nastedir admitted.

His color drained from the man's face before he shot his feet down against the ground; he seemed angry now. "You try... You always try," he shouted, "Trying isn't enough! We need you out there, to secure our path. It would be easier with Tranduil still dwelling in his grief. But you failed. "

"I'm sorry, Master," he blubbered. "I believe he is getting stronger..."

"Do you not understand the term 'we're running out of time'? Perhaps you have forgotten your previous experience?" His father asked, "I choose you years ago because I have seen your spirit rising inside you. If the Elvenking had been more careful, he would have noticed that he already had one more enemy inside his halls. Though he isn't. He should never be the King. I should."

"Yes, he did," Nastedir answered as he took a step closer." He wanted Mirkwood in his grasps, he tried too many times, but it was impossible for him now. Darkness is rising and he has to keep up with the attacks. But it isn't impossible for us, Master!"

His eyes grew very hard as he fixed his gaze on him. "It could be possible, but not with him riding out and taking part in the battles. He tricked me. And the darkness is slowly stepping away. I don't know how long before Mirkwood will be lost. We need to gather the troops and organize the attacks."

"Master isn't it another way?" his son asked "We are few in numbers and are we going to success in this mission."

"Impossible," he answered, "If there were another way, I would already use it; you have to try again. Focus and give everything you have, and this time I will make sure you will endure it. We need a leader, someone who will become King. "

"As you wish, Master," he gave a small bow and stepped out of the room, closing the door behind him. Nastedir was the captain of the army, he had lead warriors to battle before. He followed Legolas and Tauriel, when they were captains and learned from the best. He knew he could easily organize the troops and set a plan to attack Mirkwood. But at the same time there were more enemies that grew bolder. Fighting against Mirkwood was one thing, but if they would end up fighting the orcs it would destroy their plans.

He had to rethink and reorganize the attack, keeping his troops away from the orcs and closer to Mirkwood. It would take him some time, but one thing was sure, Mirkwood was about to face darker days.

(( Next Act:14 False-impressions & Heartache))