25 • dua puluh lima

———•••#•••———

———•••#•••———

Ronnie ; 런니

We couldn't believe our ears. Half of the fans surrounding us were shouting mean things to the poor idol. They were almost in hysterics. While some only turned off their lightsticks, the rest of the crowd were mercilessly shouting profanities. The music drowned out most of the insults but the group's rigid moves and stiff shoulders gave away their anxiety of the situation.

"...What the hell is happening?" I hear unnie asking from my side, the panic in her tone making my breath hitch. When I turned to look at her, her eyes were blown out from complete and utter shock. It was obvious that she too didn't know about anything that was going on. Her face was drained from any colour. And I may also be mirroring the same guessing from how inquisitive her eyes were searching my person, gauging every quiver and tremors on my face with concern.

"How thick-skinned of him to perform here."

"SnJ should have dropped Yoobin the moment he found his soulmate."

"Don't ever say that name again. We don't support traitors."

"It's sickening for me to think that after he performs here, he'll go home and play house with his bitch."

"After getting all our money, he'll repay us with this. So ungrateful."

Their horrid comments kept going and as I hear them one by one, I feel my heart sinking and sinking. My throat began to thicken and I had to swallow saliva a few times to avoid vomiting. The corner of my eyes started heating as every word they let out was a painful stab to the heart. Shit. Shit. Shit. This is horrible. So, so sickening to hear.

They weren't for you.

I keep on telling myself with clenched fists. But every word they spat felt like acid being poured onto my skin. I just know that every hurtful words they say will forever be imprinted in my mind, haunting and chasing me until I shatter.

It'll all be just like this. You and him will go down to the mud. You'll ruin him and his group. Everything he's ever worked hard on, you'll destroy.

You will be his greatest downfall.

The voice inside my head taunted. And then suddenly all I can feel is hot white pain. I hastily crouched as both my hands nursed my chest. It felt like I was shot. It was burning and pulsating and all I could do is to reach for Eunae's hand, gripping it in hopes of strength as I bit back a sob. I don't think I can stand any longer. My legs weren't cooperating.