Nicolas stuffs his hands into his pockets, and I notice now that he's dressed so casually. This morning, he was wearing slacks and a button down, much like the ones from last night. But he must have changed since breakfast, as he's only wearing some black jeans and a more casual button down to match.

"Your father actually requested that I keep an eye on you. He heard about someone trying to break in at the lake house and wanted me to ensure your safety, along with Bianca's. I think that it would be better to move Bianca into a home nearby, where Romero can keep an eye on her, while I make sure that you are safe," Nicolas regards me with a smirk, likely noticing how my face must have gone pale.

There was definitely no break in at the lake house. I know that for a fact just by looking at Nicolas' cocky expression, and he wants me to know that. This is a power play on his part, but he doesn't seem to know that I've been preparing for this game for longer than he can imagine.

"And what? You think that you can just lock me in here until we are married? Sir, that's some bullshit. I'll call my Papa and tell him the truth, or maybe I should tell him about you cutting me out of that skimpy little bodysuit and spending the night in bed with me?"

Nicolas' eyes glaze over me and suddenly his hand is wrapped around my neck, pushing me backwards until I'm pressed against the footboard of the bed. His grip isn't tight, but a small whimper escapes my lips as the small of my back presses against the frame, my spine feeling most of the pressure.

"Don't fuck with me, Giulia," My eyes widen as he lowers his face to mine. "You won't win. I really suggest you cut the crap and stop acting like the little girl you are. You will be staying here and you will not complain about it. The last thing you want is for me to tell your father about how Bianca and Matteo brought you to my party, looking like a slutty little tramp, ready to take whatever any man was willing to give."

His words make my cheeks burn, although it isn't from embarrassment, but rather anger. How dare he? I narrow my eyes at him just as his grip tightens around my neck, forcing my lips apart as my body seeks for more oxygen.

It's a gentle version of a choke. But that's all it is. He won't hurt me. Not physically. Not a hair on my head will go missing. I know of this. And he may try to bring me down mentally and emotionally, but I will fight this as a war against him.

"And while we are at it, stop calling me Sir," he snaps, giving me a light push as he lets go of my neck, stepping back. My hand flies up to brush the tender skin, hoping that there is no mark of his touch there. He already has claimed me as his own with the stupid ring. I refuse to let me leave another mark to brand me as his own.

"What would you like me to call you then, Sir?" I purr, knowing that it will only ignite the flames further if he feels like I haven't gotten his clear message.

Message received.

That doesn't mean that I'll listen.

"Nicolas is fine," he jerks his chin up as he rolls his sleeves up. My eyes flicker down to examine his tattoos. This time, I'm more aware of them, although he doesn't give me much time to take note of each one.

"Oh? I think I'll settle for Nico," I smirk as his eyes narrow back at me. He doesn't seem too keen on the nickname his brothers have for him, but that's a good thing. I love getting under this asshole's skin. He's the most deserving of my torture anyways.

"Nicolas," he growls back at me, stepping forward again. Nicolas' sudden movement as me startled, arching back over the footboard of the bed. His hands come down on either side of it, trapping my body between his and the frame. "I'm trying to be nice to you, sweetheart. Don't make this any harder than it needs to be. Just remember, I can take what I want, when I want...just like I did last night."