𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟲 // 🖤🥀

We entered the ultrasound room in Seoul hospital. It was a small room, with a single bed and an ultrasound machine. With the dim lights and monitors, it seemed as if we were going to see our baby live.

The doctor asked y/n to lie on the bed. I could feel her fear and excitement simultaneously.

“You may leave your husband’s hand, y/n, nothing to worry about the ultrasound, “the doctor said, pulling her top, exposing her stomach which was slightly enlarged by then. I took a step back at a position to keep an eye on the monitor as well as her.

The doctor poured some serum on her stomach and asked the nurse to switch off the lights. The doctor then picked up a transducer probe and started moving it on her stomach. Y/n was smiling as it was cold and ticklish. Soon we could see the black and white image on the monitor. I was stressing my eyes to get the precise image of our baby, but I could only make out a hazy picture.

“Look at this point; this is your baby. Yes, this white moving spot, “the doctor confirmed, placing her finger on the screen.

“Oh! So sweet, my baby, “ y/n replied with a beatific smile on her face. I took a step towards her to hold her hand again, it was the most breathtaking event of my life. I could feel the presence of our love; I could feel the baby‘s presence around us. Y/n was pressing my wrist with every movement of the baby on the screen. 

“So, what are you both expecting, a girl or a boy? “The doctor asked with a smile, continuing marking some lines on the screen.

“It must be a beautiful girl like my wife, “I replied, y/n immediately interrupted, “no, it must be handsome like my husband.” 

The doctor smiled and continued making some notes, “let’s see who will win. “

The doctor then shifted her probe to the lower part of the stomach, she was trying to find something ; I am not sure what, but suddenly her smile converted to attend space. She was marking some sports and measurements on the screen. My eyes were on her and the display, whereas y/n was still smiling looking at the baby.

“Is everything fine, Doctor?” I asked.
The doctor asked the nurse to clean y/n’s stomach and shifted her chair to the desk, searching for some intercom number on the paper placed. 

“You may take y/n to Dr Min; I will be informing her on the phone. “

“Is everything fine, mam? “I again questioned. 

“Nothing to worry. “This time she smiled and replied. I then helped y/n to step down from the bed, and we started moving downstairs to meet Dr. Min holding hands. 

“ he is so cute, my small koo,” y/n said with a curious smile on her face.

“No, she is so cute, my small princess, “I retorted. She then pinched me on my shoulder to win the argument. But then she stopped, closed the distance between us and presented her two fingers in front of me.

“Oh! Not this again, “I replied showing an irritated face. “Pick one fast or say, it’s a baby boy. “

“Never, let me pick one, “I replied and with her middle finger this time. “Yes! Yes! Yes! It’s a baby boy. I was always sure, “She replied with excitement. I continued working, giving her a glazed look. She followed me, smiling as we reached outside Dr. Min’s cabin. I knocked on the door and opened it slightly. “Yes, please come in. “She responded from inside, sitting on her chair. I kept holding the door and allowed y/n to enter first. We took our seats and handed over the file to her.

“Okay, so I just got a call from the Doctor Who did your address Song. “I looked a little tense after reading her face. “Is everything fine, Doctor?” I questioned, interrupting her. “Nothing to worry about as of now. But yes, time to take precautions. “She slightly leaned the bank on her chair to speak to us and continued. “Ultrasound to suspects or disorder of the placenta. “She replied and before I could ask more she took her pen and paper to explain, “placenta is the organ which is attached to the warm and provides nourishment for the growing baby. Your placenta is near or lying across the cervix that is the neck of the warm, and it can block the baby’s way out.”