Chapter 18 - Coming together

Start from the beginning

A small smile started to spread across my face when we heard the front door bang open.

We all jumped up ready to attack when we realized it was the others. Lisa, Zane, and Seth stood there in the same cloaks the others had worn smiling from ear to ear.

They scanned the room and almost at the same time Avery and Zayn both growled "Mate!" Before anyone realized what was happening they ran to each other, embracing as they kissed passionately before breaking apart. We all shook our heads at the new couple and sat down to catch up.

Turns out Avery was, of course, Zayn's mate, and Lisa was Seth's. Lisa and Zayn found out about each other about a year ago when he came back from training. After spending some time together they decided to follow Zayn's mate pull without realizing it was leading here to us.

We conversed for a while longer, informing them about everything that had happened and what the game plan was. After a while, things calmed down as we all sat around the room completely content with each of our mates.

I got to my feet looking around at everyone, thinking about how hard it's going to be to keep all of us together and safe now that there's such a big group of us.

Luke came up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist, peppering kisses up and down my neck before light sucking as he gently grazed his teeth across.  "What are you thinking about love?" He asked lovingly as he continued his assault on my neck 

I shuddered and tried to calm my breathing to no avail because I could still feel my heart racing. "I'm thinking about how we're going to do this. I'm sure you guys have somewhere to go back to, but we can't go with you, it's too dangerous. Everyone staying together and on the move though is also dangerous, so I don't know what to do" I muttered as I turned around to face him, getting lost in his eyes.

"Depending on how much magic you are able to conjure, I may be able to help with that" Avery said helpfully as she came over to us. I slipped out of Luke's arms and turned around to face her. "What do you mean?"

"Well, in one of my books I found a spell that would help you create a barrier around anywhere you wish. Only those who you allow through will be able to enter the barrier and you can use it to protect wherever and whatever you want. I've tried it, but my magic is nowhere near strong enough and it never seems to work. If we do it together though, maybe it will" she said as quickly she conjured a book that hung there in the air.

I looked at her shocked for a moment which made her grin. " I got my magic a few years back and have been honing it ever since, though I'm not able to do anything like you are," she said as she looked at her hands annoyed.

"I can help you" I offered enthusiastically as I took her hands in mine making her snap her eyes to mine. "Really?" She asked hopefully as she squeezed my hands lightly.

"It's not even a question!" I said smiling from ear to ear as I let go of her hands and playfully pushed her. She smiled and pushed me back before opening the book to a certain page and handed it to me.

I looked down at the book and checked out the spell. It didn't seem too hard. "I think I could do this, we just need to find a safe place to do it," I said looking back up at her excitedly. I glanced around the room to see everyone staring at us in thought, having heard what we were trying to figure out.

"Oh! I know!" Zayn said excitedly as he popped up off the couch. "I saw a place that would be perfect to set up shop over in the Lake forest in Illinois," he said excitedly grinning from ear to ear.

"Anyone object?" I asked aloud looking around at everyone. They all shook their heads. "Alright then, onward to Illinois" I stated playfully while doing a Superman pose making everyone bust out in laughter.

I turned back towards Luke and smiled. He smiled back staring into my eyes. Neither one of us realized what we were doing as we leaned closer. Our lips brushed against one another and I felt sparks explode all over my body.

I kissed him back passionately but had to break away suddenly. He rose an eyebrow questioning me but I turned my head away and sneezed loudly shutting my eyes.

"Sorry about that" I mumbled apologetically while rubbing my nose. I was surprised when I opened my eyes to see that I was no longer standing in the living room. I was now miles away as I could see the house in the distance.

I gasped and spun from side to side looking around before Serenity spoke up.

(Relax, you teleported.) she chuckled through the mind link

(I sneezed and teleported?) I asked her incredulously. I have been trying to get it to work for ages now and a freaking sneeze does it?)

(Apparently. Now close your eyes and focus back on the living room where we just were. Imagine the smell in the air, how it felt, the sounds you heard.) she said calmly as she coached me on how to use my new power.

I did as she said and felt a tingling sensation over my body and my ears began to ring. As It dies down, I open my eyes and I was back in the living room with everyone staring at me in shock.

I clapped my hands together before doing spirit fingers "Ta-da! Magic!" I said joking as I laughed awkwardly looking around the room at everyone. Emma groaned shaking her head and I heard a few chuckles around the room.

"So, as it turns out, sneezing triggers teleportation I guess," I said sarcastically rolling my eyes as I walked back over to Luke and Tyler who were now standing together by the open door.

"You don't say" Emma joked back just as sarcastic as she mocked me making a surprised face.

"Hey!" I said as I playfully punched her shoulder. "Hay is for horses, grass is much cheaper." She joked laughing making me roll my eyes again as I joined in.

I stepped back looking around at everyone. "I have an idea now and since my teleportation finally triggered itself, it's the perfect time to try it," I said as I wiggled my eyebrows up and down.

They all looked at me questioningly but before anyone could say anything I motioned for everyone to come together.

"Okay everyone link arms or hands, as long as you're linked with one another it shouldn't matter," I said determinedly and felt Luke and Tyler both wrap their arms around my waist as everyone else linked arms and hands.

I closed my eyes and focused on the closest place I could to Illinois, which just so happens to be the safe house Emma took me to once we left Blood Brood.

"Okay, everyone hold on tight," I said aloud as I started feeling the same tingling sensation as earlier overtake my body.