Percy picked up his teacup and drank the fragrant green tea. Tea was a luxury good whereas coffee was common in the Cuora nation. For the Duke to have access to such good tea meant Annabeth's new fiance was very, very wealthy.

"You seem to have gathered more information than you have said." Annabeth said.

Percy's green eyes twinkled in amusement. "What makes you think that? Information comes at a price, you know."

"How stingy." 

Hmm, he was as shrewd as ever. Annabeth leaned forward and nibbled on a cookie. 

"All right. How many gold coins does it cost?"

Percy held up one finger.

"One gold coin?"

She didn't think it would be as cheap as that. 

Percy grinned wolfishly and winked. "One kiss."

Never mind, Annabeth took what she had thought back. The man in front of her was an excellent extortioner.

"Not willing?" Percy asked.

Annabeth knew that the intelligence network the Black Knights had was extremely thorough. The information Percy had was probably very valuable. No doubt, Percy already had her investigated from the moment she dropped her handkerchief dressed as a maid.

Well, she could afford a kiss, especially since she was going to marry the man anyways. Annabeth had never kissed Luke during the entirety of their courtship until after marriage, and even then he often gave chaste kisses. Besides, Percy didn't mention where to kiss him so she could just peck him on the cheek.

But the sly man already had plans, it seemed. Annabeth came around the table only for Percy to pull her in. Annabeth looked up at Percy with his arms around her waist.

"Wait, what are you doing-"

There was a huge cracking sound as Annabeth suddenly found her feet no longer touching the floor. Percy's arms swung her around and her feet found the ground again. There were screams and shouts in the air.

Annabeth coughed as a cloud of dust blew around her. She had to wait for the dust to clear before she could fully open her eyes. Where the terrace was before now existed a huge gaping hole where half of the structure had fallen down. People on the streets and in the tea house were crying out loud, all surprised that the terrace had suddenly fallen.

"Oh my lords, Your Grace, Lady Annabeth! Are you all right?" Percy's butler said.

Employees from the tea house came thundering to the terrace, making sure their most esteemed guests were not harmed.

"I'm fine. Lady Annabeth?"

Annabeth sneezed twice from the dust. "I'm okay."

She squinted up at Percy who didn't seem startled at all. His eyes were too busy scanning the scene of onlookers. A small realization hit Annabeth on the timing of the kiss. He must have known something was wrong. 

"Let's get somewhere safer, shall we? I'll escort you down."

As Annabeth and Percy exited the tea house, a man stepped up. "Lady Annabeth? Would you like go back now?"

He was apparently the driver to her carriage, but Annabeth felt something was strange about the man. He wasn't the driver who had brought her into the city. In fact, this man appeared to be slightly nervous in the eyes.

"Where's the original driver?" She asked, suspicious. 

No servant in the house usually called her Lady Annabeth. They all called her Miss Annabeth at her request.