Aurora scoffed with a small smile. "You have a black eye, bruised ribs and  spit lip and your worried about me?" She laughed.

James shrugged "its just the way I am" he admitted. Aurora shook her head soflty still smiling as she changed the gauze.

"Oh yes how could I forget? James Fleamont potter, the noble knight of Hogwarts riding un in his white steed and shiny  sword that makes all the women swoon" she said dramatically as she danced the gauze under his jaw.

"Oh ha ha ha" James said rolling his eyes. There was silence for a moment.

"But seriously Rory? You okay?" He asked soflty taking her hand and stopping her from continuing to help him.

Aurora shrugged letting out a small sigh"you just worry me James that's all" she murmured. "What do you mean?" James questioned innocently.

Aurora sighed again, "it's just..  you always go head first into conflict you know? Prongs you've got to be more careful, you have a family to look after now" Aurora explained.

"But... but what about the war? lily wont be free unless we win the war" he protested soflty like a child.

Aurora smiled fondly at her best friend tipping his face up again by his cheeks. "You wont be able to help Lily when your dead James" she stated blunty swiping the gauze ove this chin carefully.

James hung his head in shame.

Silence. "They where after Lily" he finally said.

Aurora turned quickly to stare at him with a incredulous look. "W-what?... you-... you said you where just helping the minstry" she said.

"I know... I know Rory I'm sorry I lied again I just- I didnt want to get Lils all worked up you know? She already has so much on her hands with Harry and- ... she doesn't need anymore stress" he muttered.

Aurora stared at him unable to speak for a moment as a heavy twisting sickness formed at the bottom of her stomach.

"What... what did they say?... About lily?" She asked. "Well one hit me on the back of my head with a stunning spell then they dragged me behind this building and started beating me sying they'd kill me if they ddint tell me where lily's location was" James said rubbing his arm absent mindedly as he told the story.

"Why- why would they want Lily?" Aurora managed to make it sound as If she didnt know anything.

James shrugged "shes a genius Muggleborn. She's probably seen as a threat"

usually in her life she was internally grateful for James's golden glowing version of the world and his over flowing optimism. But this was not one of those times. Becuase it wouldnt even cross James mind that something dark was going to happen to the potters.

When you grow up in a light and loving world where your sheltered from all the hurt and chaos and your only glimpse of it is through your friends eyes you become unawarily naive.

James potters glasses had become rose tinted, blocking out the signs of red. That someone was targeting his son and wife. And the wife of the targeter was standing beside him.

"Its okay though Rory, you dont have to worry shes fine and I've charmed the house to be untraceable yeah? Were completely safe" He tried to reassure her holding her arms.

Aurora snapped back from her trance of shock and blazing anger coming back into view of James pale blue eyes.

"I...I..."

James cut her off with a soft hug.  "I promise, nothings going to happen to her. I wont let it" he muttered.

Aurora's bottom lips shook slightly as she gently grasped onto James. "I know Prongs, I know" she whispered.