Chapter 18

Tuesday 3rd November 1964 (Election Day)

Hyannis Port

Jack was lying on the beach, thinking about how much his life had changed since he was elected four years ago. He felt as a person he had changed too.

He smiled as Jackie sat down beside him. She was doing so much better. She had been very active this year during the campaign and for raising cancer awareness.

“You okay?” Jack asked.

“I’m fine.” She giggled. “I actually have something to tell you.”

He sat up and looked at her. “What?” He was tired and stressed from the campaign. It showed in his deep green eyes.

“I’m pregnant.” She smiled.

Jack was stunned. “What? How?” He knew it was difficult for her to become pregnant after the cancer treatment.

She blushed. “Jack, we’ve been together long enough for you to know how I got pregnant.”

He smiled and hugged her tightly. “I love you.” He said rubbing her baby bump. She giggled and kissed him. “Love you too.”

They were lying making out on the sand when they heard someone clear their throat. Jack look looked up immediately. “Bobby!”

Bobby laughed. “I just wondered where you two went.”

“Well, we’re on the beach. Why don’t you go away?” Jack said annoyed and Jackie started to giggle.

Bobby smirked. “We’re you planning on doing something?”

Jack got up. “Yeah but we’re going home now.” He held Jackie’s hand and they went to his house. He locked the door and picked her up. “Mrs. Kennedy.”

She giggled. “Mr. President.”

They spent a while tangled in the sheets before falling asleep.

9pm

They were both sound asleep when the phone rang. Jack groaned and picked it up. “Yes?”

“Jack, it’s George, I just wanted to congratulate you on your win.”

Jack smiled. “I won?”

“Yes…. You were re-elected by 60% of the vote.”

“Sorry, I was asleep. Thank you for phoning.” Jack said. He was smiling.

“Can you also tell Jackie that my girlfriend said yes?” George said excitedly. Jack smiled. “Of course I will, I hope we get an invite.”

He laughed. “Of course, Sir.” George said before hanging up. Jack turned to Jackie and kissed her passionately. “We won!”

Jackie smiled. “You won.”

“No, we won together.”

She giggled and cuddled him. She was elated. This was her fresh start after a hellish first term.

The tears which were present for most of the last few years had slowly dwindled. Nothing could stop the Kennedy’s now.