Chapter 16

Thursday 21st November 1963

Air Force One

Jackie’s first engagement since the trip to Europe was a trip to Texas to help with the 64 campaign. Jack had strict control over her schedule to make sure she had enough time to rest so she wasn’t overwhelmed.

They’d just climbed aboard the plane from a stop in San Antonio. They were heading to Houston.

When Jack reached the private cabin, he found Jackie sitting on the bed. She was giggling and looked giddy. “Jackie?” He questioned closing the door.

“Yes?” She smiled. Her eyes were sparkling.

“You seem happy….”

She stood up and grabbed him by the tie. “I’ve been reading up on how cancer affects the sufferer’s sex life.”

He looked at her. “It’s been a long time.” Jackie whispered. “And it normally depends on how I’m feeling and right now I’m feeling good, especially since I took some painkillers earlier.” She winked.

He slowly took her hands. “Are you sure?”

She nodded and smiled. “It’s been nearly two years I’m surprised you even asked.” She giggled lying down on the bed.

“I care about you Jackie; I don’t want to push you.”

She smiled. “Get on the bed, Jack.”

He happily obliged and lay down beside her. She kissed him forcefully. After they’d made love, they lay close together under the covers. “Are you feeling okay?” Jack asked.

She nodded and smiled. “I’m fine, more than fine.”

He grinned and held her close. They lay in silence being thankful for having each other.

11pm

Fort Worth

When the First Couple arrived at their suite, Jackie was about asleep. “I’m going to bed, Bunny.” She said as she started to dress into her night gown.

He nodded and sat on her bed. “I love you, Jackie. It means so much to me that you came with me on this trip.”

She smiled and crawled into bed. “No problem, Jack. I just wanted to be with you. I love you too.”

He slowly leaned in and kissed her lips. “Sleep well.”

She nodded and got snuggled in. She was out cold in three seconds. Jack switched her light off and went for a bath. He needed some alone time.