chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

Thor beamed, "ah, Apollo." He flashed me a smile. "I'll have to catch up with him. It's been so long."

I nodded slowly, "about... two or three years now?"

Thor sighed. "Too long." Then he pat me on the shoulder, "well, I'll be off now. Until next time, daughter of light." He smiled at me before walking forwards, taking off in a bright beam of light.

There were a few moments of silence before Tony broke it. "That man has no regard for lawn maintenance." He mumbled with a hint of humour in his voice. I looked down at the grass and smiled softly at the pattern that was burned into the ground that Thor left behind when he took off.

Steve put an arm around my shoulder while the three of us walked towards Tony's very expensive car. "I'm gonna miss him, though." Tony said truthfully, "and you're gonna miss me. There's gonna be a lot of manful tears."

"I will miss you, Tony." Steve admitted softly as he looked at the man.

"Yeah? It's time for me to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book. Build Pepper a farm, hope nobody blows it up."

Steve smiled softly with a nod, "the simple life."

"You'll get there one day." Tony mumbled, glancing at me.

"I don't know. Family, stability... the guy who wanted all that went in the ice 75 years ago. I think someone else came out." Steve sighed as I looked up at him.

"You all right?" Tony asked him while opening his car door.

Steve looked around the area we stood in before sighing, "I'm home."

Tony smirked before getting in his car. "Well, I guess I'll see you later, Barnes. Hopefully." He sent me his signature Tony Stark smirk.

"I'm gonna miss you." I smiled as I walked over and gave him a hug through the car window. "So much."

"Don't get all sappy on me, Sunny." He chuckled.

Steve nodded before walking in the direction of the Avengers facility, a small smile on his face. "Did he just call me Sunny?" I mumbled in confusion, which caused Steve to laugh.

Steve and I looked at Natasha who was staring at a wall with her arms crossed, deep in thought.

"You wanna keep staring at the wall, or do you wanna go to work?" Steve asked teasingly. Natasha turned around at the sound of his voice with a small smile, shaking her head subtly. "I mean, it's a pretty interesting wall."

"I thought you and Tony were still gazing into each other's eyes." Natasha joked back.

"How do we look?" Natasha asked as Steve handed her a tablet.

"Well, we're not the '27 yankees." Steve mumbled as we started walking.

"We got some hitters."

"They're good. They're not a team."

"Let's beat them into shape."

The three of us walked through a door while we looked at the people around the room.

Rhodey looked over at us, his helmet opening to reveal his face. Then, Vision turned around when he heard the sound of the doors opening, his attention now on us.

Sam flew down in his wings, which I had to admit, they were pretty cool. I've always loved his wings. Finally, Wanda used her magic-she was wearing a new suit that looked great on her-to float down the the ground, her hair perfectly curled.

I smiled softly at her, earning one back before we all looked to Steve. The Captain opened his mouth to speak as he looked around at everyone, "Avengers..."

-----
lizzie speaks...

if this book does really well i might continue all the way to endgame, we'll see :))

update: i'm abt to start writing endgame so that's fun