Epilogue to the sequel of my midnight boy

We never really had enough time to think, to even realise what love meant. It was there, oh yes, it was definatly there. But i had always had a lingering doubt in my mind, i was new to love. I didn't understand it at first. Neither of us did.

But since he had become human we had spent almost every waking momment together, and i was finally beginning to understand. When he held my hand that first morning as we walked down the lakes beach i had wondered, just for a fleeting momment, if there was anywhere else i'd rather be. The mere thought made my stomach twist. I had squeezed his hand and shook my head smiling when he looked at me questioningly.

"It's so strange to me. Being human." He admitted as he stared out over the water his eyes far away. "I'm used to seeing the world through thousands of snapshots all in quick sucession." He leant down releasing my hand and picked up a flat oval shaped stone, just bigger then the palm of my hand. "But now, with these human eyes. It's all one fluid momment." He threw it out over the glassy plains of water. It skimmed seven times before finally dropping in with a light splash.

"Do you miss it?" I asked gazing over the stones by my feet to find my own to skim. It was cold, the wind was harsh, it was lucky that the stones weren't iced together.

"Whatever i have lost has been matched in what i gain." He turned to me and smiled, his eyes lingered on my face, my eyes.  I blushed and went back to searching for my skimming stone. I passed over the dull and the brown, the black and the white until I came across a smooth blue flint.

"Do you think Joel will be angry?" He asked. I could feel his eyes on my back.

I threw the stone, it didnt work. I had used to much force due to my sudden suprise. "Why should he be?"

"Well he must have thought he was gettig somewhere what with you falling asleep in his arms." Aelfric mumured, distracted as he searched the ground for a new stone. When he found one he came to me. "Slower and at a lower angle. Flick it, dont toss it." He passed it to me, his eyes searching mine.

I wasn't sure what he was searching for. "He's knows he and i will never be. He's not even interested anymore, he has a girlfriend."

"Speak of the devil-" Aelfric turned toward the house and waved slightly. "And the devil shalt apear." He nodded me toward the house. "I'm just going to grab you a jacket."

"I'm fine." I gripped his hand in both of mine, I didn't want him to leave again.

"Your shivering, I'll be right back. I promise." He leant his forehead against mine for a momment before kissing my nose. With that he began walking back to the house.

I stood starring out of the water, waiting for the crunch of gravel that would ineveitably come as Joel Aproached. "So he's back huh?"

I nodded, gnawing at my cheek nervously. "And he's human." I muttered.

"Good for you. I guess i better make tracks. I'll see you later" He patted my shoulder lightly, gave it a gentle squeeze and then i heard his footsteps retreating.

"Thankyou." I blurted and turned to face him. The wind blew my hair into my face and i brushed it away roughly tucking the fly away strands behind my ear.

"What for?" He turned back.

"Everything, especially last night. I shouldn't have spent so long shouting at you."

"You were angry, i understand. But i better be getting back to the house, lauren said she was going to stop by later."  He smiled and once again began to leave.

"How are you?" I called after him, through the howling wind.

He turned back one last time. "I'm pretty good, Hales. Pretty good." 

Everything was how it should be, no more war, no more fighting, no more uncertainty. Joel was fine, Aelfric was fine.

The only thing left was my parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To all those who worry that Aelfric and Hayley will break up, dont worry i won't let that happen. Although it may cut off alot of possible plot twists i do not want them to break up and i know how annoying it can be when you begin to like a fictional couple and they have just got together only to be ripped apart again.

This story will most probably be told from many perspectives, just to keep all of you who wanted new charecters happy.

There will be alot of romance so you dont have to worry about that.

And i am not done with the elven world yet before you worry that it will turn into a typical high school story.

The sequel is up now, has around nine chapters so far. It's called My Midnight Love wattcode 1170324

Larf wombatty :)