Cha-pter *23*

Zhao Yunlan was in his office checking some files. Soon, his assistant entered carrying the case file concerning the disappearance of Lan Yi's son. Suddenly, He let go of what was in his hands and took the file from his assistant's hand in a hurry and began to study the police report and why they closed the case. Yunlan found the motive was very suspicious.

"Zhang was acquitted of the kidnapping charge because of lack of evidences" Said Lin Jing. He was assisting Yunlan and taking notes of the new instructions. Lin was also focused on his boss bad temper that didn't change much recently whenever he visited his office he kept frowning and sulking. Yunlan suggested they dig more into the disappearance case which made the man question what was his boss relation to it.

"Boss! I think there is something much more important than this case!" When Yunlan heard that his aura became darker and darker, he couldn't help but feel annoyed at the man to be slow and hesitant. Yunlan didn't have much time to deal with what Lin was about to say. But he necessarily had to pay him his full attention. Perhaps the matter was so dangerous that Lin Jing was very reluctant to speak.

"Bring it on!" Ordered Yunlan while in a very bad mood.

"This is the report you requested about the laboratory in the US. It has no trace of involvement of Mr Shen Wei. However, 50% of the profits go to the main financier, his mother. There is also few confidential e-mails from unknown person that contains dangerous formulas and detailed reports of how medications were installed to make killer and hallucinogenic drugs. The most dangerous thing is that our comrades in America discovered the military’s involvement with this laboratory. I think you know what they're using it for"

Zhao Yunlan was astonished, he didn't really disagree with what Lin Jing reported. He was being reasonable and even witty to lay his hands on such risky informations, very critical and can cost them their lives. However, and most importantly, Yunlan was extremely happy or maybe lucky enough to not find the name of Shen Wei inside the report. It was his game now to try and work on this big international case Without involving his lover.

"Lin! What you have is grave. It can cause your death, make sure to protect this file with your life. I will request the intervention of SCI and SID in this big case but before this, I will rewrite the report myself and check the evidences then I will hand everything to them. We sure would suffer the consequences but let's do our job" Zhao Yunlan huffed and puffed out of anger. Every day he discovered dangerous and suspicious facts about the family.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Instead of confronting the woman about what she did, Shen Bai just turned his back and walked away from the living room trying to remain indifferent. However, with the intensity in his eyes, one could easily deduce that he was furious, and definitely in a bad mood. He locked himself in his office while he recalled how Yezun was completely unconscious and drowning in a pool of his own blood. That image kept him terrified.

Lan Yi on the other hand was under the shock for a short instance about what happened this morning. However, in split second, she quickly recovered and regained her confidence. She took a quick bath being all careless that she might be arrested later on for her act of violence, she then changed into a fancy dress, wore her diamond necklace and sprayed some perfume feeling fresh and young. She was ready now for her destination.

Zhang heard a disturbing loud knock, as she went to open, her eyes fell on an unwelcomed guest by the door. She breathed a sigh of relief seeing that things are going exactly as she planned. She forced a smile contorting her lips. Unbeknownst to her, that the fierce woman standing at her door caused her son a deadly injury and was here to cause even bigger troubles. Lan Yi let herself in, pushing the woman slightly with her finger to make some space.