Cha-pter *16*

All night long, Shen Wei tossed around in his bed. His worries did not leave him alone at all. What Zhao Yunlan said to him was ready to end any hope of survival for him. Yunlan just opened a door from hell to his life since the day he appeared. The next morning, Shen Wei got up half an hour earlier than usual. After readying himself, he went down the stairs with dark circles around his eyes.

All Shen Wei wanted was to leave the house without being noticed by anyone inside the house. The previous evening, Shen Wei had made up his mind about everything happening around him. The appearance of his mother, Wang's surgery and Yunlan's confession changed all plans inside his head. He wasn't ready for so much going on in his life that he wasn't mentally and emotionally prepared for.

Shen Wei could not divorce Wang and give her the freedom she deserves based on Zhao Yunlan request. He needed a well set plan before he could take any decision. Right now, he just had to keep himself away from his mother and the others as much as possible. It was his only solution until he finds a way to deal with the mess he created against his lovely and innocent wife. Shen Wei was terrified to meet a full awake Wang. If she had to face him, she will make him lose everything he built so far.

After all, his safety was now his first priority. When he reached the first floor, however, Shen Wei saw the very same man he meant to hate in the dining room. Without even looking at him or greeting each other, Zhao Yunlan continued eating his breakfast. It was a bit strange seeing him in a black business attire with serious aura around him instead of his casual style.  

"Mr.Shen Wei, your breakfast is ready," Said the butler in a cheerful voice then he went to the kitchen. Before Shen Wei could take his seat, Zhao Yunlan gracefully wiped his lips with a napkin then threw it on the table. In a swift movement got up from his seat very angry at Wei's presence and was ready to leave.

"Don't ignore me like that. We need to talk" breathed Shen Wei in a broken defeated tone.

"I'm in a hurry!" Shouted Zhao Yunlan hastily. He was walking away and  didn't even hear Shen Wei make any sound, he then felt a hand grabbing his wrist suddenly stopping him from taking his leave.

"Stop!" Came a cold voice from behind his back. Almost as if on command, Zhao Yunlan paused for a moment, thinking what Shen needed from him. His breath hitched when he heard him breathing too close to him afraid to fall for his charm and let his guard down like every time.   

"Um..." Zhao Yunlan stammered, turning around. Until that moment, something never occurred to Zhao Yunlan. What was their relationship, he just thought. He didn't know whether they were enemies, lovers, sex partners or what was it exactly. Zhao Yunlan never found the answer to his question. He scrunched his nose in revulsion as he retrieved his hand.

"Please do not touch me, I am trying my best to keep my distance, isn't this what you always asked for?" He said daringly, trying to make an excuse, Yunlan got up from a long dream finding himself succumbed to rot being around these people. The first thing he needed to do was to save himself from drowning more into corruption, to put an end to his relationship with Shen Wei.

"I'll be leaving now." Yunlan looked so strict with Shen Wei right now that he reminded him of how others treated him so far. But, Shen Wei thought, still trapped in Yunlan's own musings. He knew deep inside that this man was so fond of him and his love was stronger than his absurd decision. The young man refrained from voicing out his frustration as for to expose Yunlan's true feelings behind those unacceptable intentions.

"Can you take me back to where we stared? I don't get you, how can you just forget about everything happened between us and ask me to just pretend we are nothing to each other?. Have you gone mad?" Upon hearing what Shen Wei said, Zhao Yunlan could not help but furrow his brows while saying nothing for a while. Although Zhao Yunlan wanted to turn this conversation down and run away, he decided to take the challenge.