Chapter 72

Vampire Castle,

"What??? Did you check in his room?"

"Yes, your highness, we did. We checked in every possible region Prince Walton could be there before intimating the issue in front of you." Bowing down, the vampire soldier, spoke. His voice stuttering with every word.

More than twenty four hours and prince Walton, the youngest prince was no where to be found.

He didn't come for the dine when it was his favorite animals blood served for food. Desert Lions.

His room was locked, his scent was there within. But when in the morning, after realizing that he had been inside his room for more than expected time without coming out even for once, the newly appointed Minister Aniruddh, went to check up on him.

He knocked the door and to his surprise, no reply came from within. He tried again after sometime. And what he hadn't expected occurred. He was not in the room! There were just a pile of his clothes that smelled like him in the room.

Anirudhh scanned the entire castle. Every possible location where Prince Walton could be. Alas, he returned empty handed.

"Are you sure he's no where in the castle?" a flicker of his fingers and the minister was raised a few inches high in the air.

He turned pale, eyes turning ocean blue as fright sat in the pit of his stomach, "Ye-yes m-my lord, we checked everywhere."

As he finished, king Vladimir looked away, after which Aniruddh, the minister fell to the ground with a loud thud.

"Where could he go??? Why at this moment... This fucking moment??? Dark night is two nights away, he should not be out." The minister crawled back quickly, he stood up on his legs and hung his low while the king spoke to himself.

"There are enemies out there. According to them the key (Nandini) under the vampire's hold. In Manik hold. But they don't know Manik is held seized for treason. They could use my son against... Noo..." His eyes darkened, the whites turned red.

Pure dark red as the blood.

Darkening with the passing second. Lips twisting together into a thin line. His face reflected his veins. Little, uncountable veins looking like the bolt of thunder in the sky. Just that the ones on his face were red.

"That is the last thing that'd ever happen! None of my princes shall be harmed. They will pass the dark night, safe and sound. And I know how..." He lifted his gaze such that the minister along with the other courtiers standing in the huge room, shuddered over his one glare.

He glared at them all. One hy one. Slowly, gawking their features. And then, seized it on Aniruddh again.

"Your expressions... Say something." As he stated, Aniruddh came floating across him and stopped.

The Vampire King, with his gloved hand, raises his chin high until aniruddh was looking straight in his dark red eyes.

"I see you've got some unsaid truth here! Let us see what is it." While his exasperated tone uttered, he removed his glove and put his bare palm on his forehead as his lids came over his eyes.

And... The unpredictable flashback played in his mind as he looked through the ministers memories. Having looked through his mind, He was about to drift his hand away when, he witnessed a particular dialogue Aniruddh had delivered to one of the soldiers from hunting team.

"I had seen him snuck out of the dungeons last afternoon. I don't know whether or not my prediction is correct... But I feel, Manik knows something. I think it was him why Prince Walton condoned his highness' words and, maybe, fled out of the castle to execute some of his plan. "

"Manik!!!!" there was tightness in his jaw, fingers shuddering in remorse as he cast his gaze away from the minister's face.

This time he flew in the air, like a dry leaf in a wintry afternoon, and hit against the huge pillar before swooshing down to the cold floor.

Winds blew intensely and aggressively. Only, it waadk not because of the change in atmosphere outside, but because of the change occurred within the castle. A change in the aggression of the king.

He howled, so loudly and crazily that the curtains on the huge windows across the room, those were restricting the golden shadows of the sundial crescent shining in the sky from creeping within, fluttered. The massive crystal chandelier overhead flickered and created ear-splitting, uproarious, sharp thick clamor.

During which, the vampire king, violently wailed, "Bring Manik here NOW!!!"

Tbc...

Precap: Manik acting as himself— a monster.

(if you could uncode it, you'd know 😚😚😚)

Hope your immunity, heart, and everything that's required to be strong is in right places because, the next chapter will feature a wounded Manik. His injuries described deeply.

But but but... You must have heard that phrase that, a wounded lion is thousand times fiercer than a brawny lion, Manik will personify the saying 😈

Are you guys ready???

Target: 90 votes 15 comments for 2 CHAPTERS