CHAPTER 9

Recording Studio

Lalisa arrived and saw the person she was avoiding.

Nayeon Im.

Even before her official debut, Nayeon Im already has the momentum of a big star. With her agent opening infront and two little assistants following behind her.

What about her?

Wearing a pair of sunglasses and strutting about.

When Lalisa saw Nayeon, she just had come out of the comfort room and she recoiled, she didn't want to meet Nayeon Im right now.

Watching Nayeon Im's front and back, made many of the young actors in the aidition envious.

"Hey, have you heard that Nayeon Im is the future young lady of SuperStar Entertainment? And the audition is just a formality because she is already chosen as the second lead. That means we are in no-conflict with her."

"Thank god she's not in conflict with us, or we'd have come a long this way for nothing."

"Yeah, she's the girlfriend of CEO Jeong, the future fianceé, she'll definitely be a big hit in the future! Even if she don't work hard, she has a very powerful and rich man."

Lalisa's heart was inevitable bleak as she listens to the conversation of others.

If time had gone back a year ago, it would all have been hers and she wouldn't be here auditioning.

Lalisa took a look in the mirror and touched up her make up, then returned to her previous easy and calm demeanor.

The first and second woman are important in the drama, so the audition is not the same place as the third characters, which makes Lalisa relieved cause she doesn't have to run with Nayeon.

Although Nayeon was her half-sister, everytime she saw her, her mind was filled with the sight of Jaehyun and Nayeon entwined in bed, she only felt sick in the stomach!

There were more than thirty actors auditioning for third female lead, all waiting in the lounge.

Some read carefully the biographies of the characters that the crew had distributed earlier while others chat in groups.

Lalisa was standing in the corner, pondering something.

In Another lounge

This is the lounge of the first and second women, the seats are all high grade sofas, there are not many people in total, Nayeon Im glanced at the other auditionee and the rest are unfamiliar faces.

Naturally, well-known artist in the industry needs to audition as well, but they are busy with their schedules and will definitely need to make another appointment.

While Nayeon Im's career is driven by Jaehyun Jeong, she was still a fresh debut with no great resumes or schedule to rush, so she could make the audition arrangements.

Her assistant Jeongyeon, cautiously walked over and bent down to whisper beside Nayeon Im, "I just saw Lalisa Im"

Nayeon frowned, "What's she doing here?"

"She came to audition, I checked she is auditioning for female number three so she's not competing with you."

Nayeon's face showed disdain, "Of course there is no conflict, she doesn't even have an agent so naturally she can't audition for good roles, but..."

Nayeon Im hooked her fingers towards Jeongyeon who immediately put his ear to Nayeon as she whispers something on her.

"Sis, there's no need for that, let's just see if she can compete for the role, even if she does, a female number three can't take away the limelight from the one and only Nayeon Im. In this drama, the second female lead's role is almost equal to the first female lead." Jeongyeon reasoned out.

"What do you know about that person! If she fights, she's the biggest enemy to have! Just do as I say!"

Jeongyeon nodded.

In the other lounge, Lalisa is getting ready. And one audition actor goes after another, all of them dejected.

It also made her increasingly nervous.

The audition for third female lead is done by the two assistant directors, and they are already so harsh when it was even directed by Lin Chuan. It was said that after you face the hurdles from the assistant directors, you will next face the hurdle from Director Lin Chuan.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and everyone looked up to see who is standing by the door.

The guy was wearing a uniform like that of a staff, there were a lot of staff on site today. And you can't mess up an audition when there are so many people auditioning.

"Who is Lalisa?"

Lalisa frowned but stood, "I am Lalisa."

"You come out here for a moment."

Lalisa walked out suspiciously as the staff pulls her aside, looking up and down at her. "You are Lalisa Im?"

"Yes, what can I do for you?"

"Director Lin just read your profile and was quite interested in you and wanted to meet you alone." the staff smiled.

But that was quite surprising to Lalisa, "But my profile is almost blank, how can director be interested in me?"

As for her resume, she's always been in the run before, and she's never had anything to show for it.

"That's why Director Lin is interested in you because you have some understanding in the director's temperament. She likes to play a blank sheet in showbiz, because there is more room to play. Other people's information are falsified quite a lot, yours is cleanest so Director Lin is interested in you."

"But,"

This man was telling the truth, director Lin is really known in the circle for liking newcomers but Lalisa is still unsteady in her heart.

That's too good to be true for her?

"But what? You don't want such a good opportunity? I can tell you that today's audition is like a walk in the park. Many roles are already set. If you don't go, you'll be wasting your time waiting here.

Lalisa bit her lips. Although the circle is very chaotic, and there are all kinds of subterfuge, but what if she went there?

If there's a role, you can't force her to do it.

She'll just have to say no then.

Thinking of this, Lalisa nodded, "Okay, I'll go."

"Well then, come with me"

The staff left this side with Lalisa.

Lalisa was not very familliar with the recording studio so she had to keep following the staff, but after seven turns and turns, she hadn't arrived yet.

She couldn't help but be confused.

"Can I ask which room is it? Why we haven't reach it yet?"

"I'm telling you little girl, stop asking too much. The director's persona is too important, of course his room is far hidden."

"Oh,"

Lalisa didn't think much of it and just continued following the staff.

After another seven turns, lalisa had completely forgotten where she came from, only knowing that they should have arrived at the underground floor.

There were no lights on here, it was pitch black and Lalisa looked around uneasily.

They finally arrived at a large red double door, the staff pointed to the floor.

"Okay, here we are, you go in."

"Aren't you going in?"

"I'm not auditioning, I've got other things to do, you go ahead." he opened the door.

Lalisa dawdled to the door and just had peeked halfway in when she felt someone push her and she fell straight to the floor.