The veins in my right hand popped and I brought it forward with a fast punch to the gut using the force to propel him forward, along with the water in his body into a tree, effectively knocking him unconcious.

"Let us go and we promise not to hurt you." Sokka bluffed.

Asura had been caught in a net behind the soldiers, and I found myself enraged at her scared cries.

Unfortunately, I was surrounded, and I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to take them out.

"You promise not to hurt us" the soldier almost laughed before a suprised moan fell from his lips after a needle struck his shoulder specifically the chi pad that triggered the unconscious mind, and sent the soldier to sleep.

"Danggg" I grinned maybe this was winnable.

"Nice work, Sokka. How'd you do that?" Aang said clearly impressed.

Sokka seemed just as suprised if not more suprised than Aang.

"Uh.... instinct?" He questioned.

"Look!" Katara shouted.

My sight didn't reach where she pointed but it reached a tall figure with spiked hair.

He landed on two soldiers as I heard the crack of bones and winced.

In my moment of distraction, I did a low spin kick and caused the soldiers around me to fall. I took advantage of this and knocked out the soldiers with punches. I felt air hit my eyelids and I didn't question it.

I skipped over the soldiers and punched anyone that had the bad luck of getting in my way.

I pulled the net off Asura careful not to hurt her.

She saw me and jumped to cover me with her wings.

"They're in the trees!" A soldier yelled in alarm.

I heard Sokka yell when a wave of calm took over me.

It was as if I was in second person.

I drew in a breath and pushed Asura behind me.

I was careful and kept track of the special chi patterns I could sense from where blood swirled to provide bending.

I held my finger in front of me and slowly moved it back.

My vision was no longer black as La gave me his sight for moments.

As I moved my finger back the air grew drier and drier until I had a large ball of mist. The mist covered the soldiers and encased them in ice the second they came in contact with it.

With the borrowed vision I made sure that our allies were safe as well.

"What in the world just happened?" Sokka questioned carefully and poked his head out of Asura's wing. Didn't even realize he was there.

I felt La retreat to the back of my mind and the normal blackness encased me once more.

I pulled up the blindfold once more but found it was no longer hanging on my neck.

I couldn't let these people see me like this!

"Hey Katara, can I borrow your belt. I lost my blindfold it probably burned up." I asked her politely.

She nodded but was stopped,

"Allow me" one male ally said and undid the cloth belt on his waist.

I blushed,

"Thank you, but there's no need." I said quickly.

"The names Longshot. Who might you be that I have the honor of being in you're presence?"

I blushed even more feeling embarrassed,

"I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend. But my name's Lyra." I said. I did actually feel bad. He seemed like a really nice guy.

He nodded and shrunk back into the group. Katara gave me a spare blindfold picked off a clean uniform.

I felt guilty, but I wasn't going to cheat on Zuko.

Finally the leader stepped forward,

"My name is Jet, and these are my Freedom Fighters; Sneers, Longshot, Smellerbee, The Duke, and Pipsqueak."

I nodded my greeting and sat down to go through my bag.

I sniffed at the whalebone canister.

Yup, this was Asura's treats.

I opened the container which contained catnip.

I sprinkled some on the ground as she smelled the area with deep interest.

She did a content growl and rolled on the ground with dialated pupils.

I just wanted her to tire out so she wouldn't keep everyone awake at night with her yowl-like hooting.

It seemed like it was working.

------
^
Got y'all a cute Asura moment right there ;).

Soooo I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Stay safe and healthy! Have a good day my Bookworms, and until next time! I'll see y'all in the next one!
-Rose