4. Bold and Blue

Chapter Three

Aiden:

"Is this the least revealing thing you have?" Clary stood in front of the mirror, scrutinizing our outfits.

"What? All the naughty bits are covered... a little too much in my opinion." Isabelle walked up behind her and pouted. I scuffed.

"C'mon Clary. Stop hogging the damn mirror. There wasn't one in the bathrooms, so step aside already." I stomped as my words fell on deaf ears. I haven't seen myself in almost a whole week. I need to make sure I don't have a blue aura and glowing veins too.

You'd think I could tell by looking down at myself, but I can't. Every time I try... I get temporarily blinded by the white mist around the room. I was practically forced to stare at the wall as I took a shower. The mirror was my last resort.. and hopefully, it worked.

Clary sighed. "Where's Simon?" She looked at Izzy through the mirror with a pleading look.

"Who?" She played dumb, "Kidding. He's in good hands with the boys." Izzy walked away and Clary followed. I threw my hand ms in the air.

Finally.

I got up from the bed and started walking to the painted glass. "So, um... you, Alec, and Jace are... what, like, family?" I stopped mid-stride and looked at her. No one's decided to catch me up on what's happened since I fainted... but I can imagine the 'bonding' Clary and Jace are having.

Izzy laughed and sat in the spot I just left, "Translation, you want to know if Jace and I are a thing."

Clary shook her head and feigned nonchalance. "Why would I care?"

"Because you do." She rolled her eyes at my statement and looked back to Isabelle.

Izzy folded her legs and smiled. "Don't worry. In every way, he's like my brother. Our parents took Jace home when he was ten... We trained together. Learned to fight side by side."

I decided to use their conversation as background noise, and finally walked over to the mirror. My eyes grew wide and a silent scream left my mouth. I looked so.. alien.

I had a blue aura, yeah I did.
I had golden veins, yeah I did.
I even had a rune on my left upper arm.

What made me so different from every Person I've seen in this building, was that everything was more intense for me.

My blue aura, wider than everyone else's.
My fucking veins had more gold, and glowed brighter than everyone else's.

And the rune on my arm, deep blue like everyone else's, but mine was outlined in gold. I looked as if I could give the world's largest disco ball a run for its damn money.

I was beyond terrified. Am I the only one seeing all this? "Hey, guys. What color... why color are runes... generally?" I turned away from the mirror completely and watched them.

"They.. kinda look like charcoal, but on skin." Clary answered and continued her conversation with Izzy. So that's a no then. They still see like normal people.

They most have taken the barely concealed horror on my face as curiosity. I walked away from the mirror and leaned against the door farthest from it.

I need time to come to terms with my 'new body' before I go looking at the details. I experimentally looked down at my hand and heaved a sigh of relief when I wasn't forced to look away. Instead of being temporarily blinded, I could see everything I did in the mirror.

I'm not even gonna try and question the logistics of it all.

"This is who you are." Was she talking to me? I snapped my head up at the two. Izzy was now standing in front of Clary with a hand on her shoulder.

Angel Blessedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें