Flirting (and Failing)

Hello, fellow Fanwings! Soo, I promised to get a chapter out this week *cries in writer's block* so this chapter may or may not be a bit bland or lacking in creativity. I don't know. I still haven't written it yet. Also, be prepared to cringe, as I  know nothing about flirting. You have been warned. With that being said, let's begin.

Tsunami's Point Of View:

"But, like, how do you flirt?" Peril urged again, which made Tsunami bang her head against the non-existent wall, seeing as she was in a tent. 

She'd been trying to explain this to the fiery-haired girl for hours now, even going out of her way to bring Peril out and about to try and demonstrate her flirting abilities. Currently, they were in a town called Possibility, sitting under a shaded tent to prevent the Sun Kingdom's harsh weather from literally melting them, though Peril was already quite used to the heat.

"I don't know how to explain it, Peril! I still don't understand why you're asking me for advice here. The first thing I said to Riptide was something like, "Hey, sparkling teeth, I totally love three of your claws but not the others, and I wish your snout was a herring so I could eat it and also your wings sound like sharks snoring."or something like that." (Lol can you tell It's been a long time since I read the lost heir?) Peril huffed.

"That was because you were trying to speak in a language you didn't understand at all!" She argued. "You can flirt much better when you're actually trying to...although Riptide still hasn't taken the hint yet." She added.

Tsunami huffed, puffing out her chest and faking a haughty voice. "I can't imagine why he wouldn't take the hint. I mean, look at me! Who wouldn't want a piece of this?" Peril snorted out a laugh.

"Maybe because the first thing you said to him was 'Hey Sparkling teeth!'

"Fair point."

"Clay on the other hand..."

"Yeah, he's just oblivious."

"Well, I mean, I guess our meeting conditions weren't ideal either," 

Perl said, which made Tsunami tilt her head, but she didn't pry. 

"Then again, all boys are oblivious. They're...boys." Peril said. Tsunami rolled her eyes.

"Of course. Boys." She said. "Anyway, let's go over this one more time: step one, approach looking confident. Step two, introduce yourself and ask for a name. Step three, transition to complimenting. Step four, sweet talk. And boom, you're flirting!" Tsunami said, before she tilted her head in thought and grinned.

"Step five, take their wallet and scadadle Hunny!" she added, with a wicked smirk and finger guns pointed in Peril's direction, which succeeded in making her choke on air in a sudden laugh. Peril caught her breath, wiping at her mouth before she sat up straight again.

"But seriously, can you demonstrate one more time? Just, like, on some random person? Pleeaase?" She asked which made Tsnam sigh deeply but stand up anyway.

"Come on then, move it! Let's go emotionally scar-I mean, seduce some unsuspecting victims." She joked, helping Peril up as they laughed and pointing to a nearby market that was rather full at this time of day. "Of course, some people just aren't interested. Be prepared to watch me fail."

She wasn't the type to really go out and flirt, though she knew how to.

 Charm? Yes. She had to be somewhat princessy after all. 

Sweet talk? Yes. Eight-year-old Tsunami certainly knew how to get her extra browny from the cooks after dinner.

 But using the two together with the specific intent to get yourself a partner...or something else? That wasn't something she was really into. After all, she already had her eyes on a certain someone. But for Peril's sake, she thought she could play the player for a little while.