Past Mistakes

Hello friends 😄! Sorry, I've been having way to much fun with emojis lately. I can't remember what, but apparently I borrowed a few ideas from someone else's 'Wings Of Fire As Humansn' book, and used them in this chapter. I don't remember what it is, because I didn't say what it was in the introduction of the old version of this chapter like the stupid idiot I am. So uh, yeah, sorry about that, random Wattpad author somewhere in the world.

Qibli's point of view:

Moon subconsciously tapped her fingers against the table rhythmically. The Jade Winglet was at a very successful restaurant called 'The Summer Palace'. It was named after the palace that Queen Coral once owned. Everyone had decided to have lunch there. Wait, no, Turtle had decided to have lunch there.

Qibli chuckled, which grew into laughter, as Kinkajou had a long series of sneezes, to the point where winter began to keep track. "One, two, three, four, five, six, wow." He muttered. "Do you need a tissue?" asked Moon, who'd stopped tapping the table and staring at the ceiling absentmindedly.

Turtle handed her a tissue as she chuckled, wiping her nose with her finger. Kinkajou blew her nose, and Moon's expression became dazed and far away again. She was looking at the crescent-shaped birthmark on her hand.

Every tribe was born with a different mark, which you could use to identify what tribe they were from if it weren't already obvious enough. Qibli had memorized all of these birthmarks.

Sandwings had a sun, Icewings had a snowflake, Nightwings had a full or crescent moon, Rainwings had a teardrop, which could change color based on the person's emotions, Seawings had a random assortment of swirls and lines, Which could glow, Mudwings had something slightly resembling a Willow tree, and Skywings had a gust of wind.

The other tribes who came from Pantala had them, too; Silkwings had a butterfly, Hivewings had a honeycomb, and Leafwings had different types of leaves. If that person was royalty, a crown mark sat next to the tribe mark.

She was, once again, brought out of her trance when Kinkajou began telling a joke.

"Knock knock?"

"Who's there?"

"Lettuce."

"Lettuce who?"

"Lettuce in, and you'll find out!"

Moon was laughing because Kinkajou was her best friend, Turtle was laughing because he had a crush on Kinkajou, and Qibli was laughing because the joke was so terrible it was funny.

Winter sat across from them, looking depreciated.

"Hope you like seafood," Turtle said as a waitress with mint green hair walked over with five cups of water and five menus. Qibli flipped a few pages and scrunched up his nose.

_______________________________________

~ The Summer Palace~

Meals:

- fish filet

- grilled octopus tentacles and anchovies

- cod with buttered corn

- grilled salmon

- sea urchin sashimi

- fish bucket with a choice of salad

_______________________________________

Turtle must have noticed Qibli's look of disgust, because he frowned and shook his head, a warning to just deal with it. Qibli nodded, understanding that they were at a fancier restaurant, and that he shouldn't be disrespectful in any way.