It seemed now that it was actually Concubine An.

Jin Wang simply put his chopsticks down and said in his insipid tone, "You're lying."

Hearing His Majesty's tone, the servants who served the meals were scared witless and nearly fell to their knees.

Ye Shu frowned. "I'm not."

Jin Wang said, "You didn't even finish Gu's rice congee that day."

Ye Shu was stumped by this man's unreasonableness. "Weren't you the one who didn't let me finish it?"

Jin Wang, "And you didn't like it."

"......"

Jin Wang was simply being provocative in this regard.

He hadn't touched the meal he had made or shown a special liking to it, though it wasn't any good either. But the thing was, no matter how exemplary one's culinary skills were, how good could plain rice congee taste after all?

Jin Wang said, "Be good and eat. I'll make it for you some other day."

Ye Shu resentfully made an 'oh' sound and didn't say more. He was still concerned about Chang Yuan who was hiding in the inner room. He really didn't have much of an appetite and simply had a few bites until he could eat no more. Fortunately, his appetite did seem to fluctuate often due to his pregnancy, so today's loss of appetite couldn't be seen as suspicious.

Jin Wang didn't force him and the two soon finished their meals. The servants then took away the crockery.

Ye Shu once again urged Jin Wang to return to the Hall of Yang Xin.

"What's the rush," Jin Wang sipped his tea and pointed out the window, "see how heavily it's snowing; won't it be too cold to go out now?"

Ye Shu looked over the window. "......"

Snowflakes were floating above the curtain of night, accompanied by the biting wind. It was likely to last all night.

Even the weather was against him!

Without batting an eyelid, Ye Shu continued to persuade, "We'll arrive there in no time if we take the imperial palanquin. It won't be cold."

Jin Wang didn't answer. He beckoned to Ye Shu, who then walked over and was pulled into Jin Wang's arms.

Jin Wang stroked his hair and gently said, "Why do you want to return to the Hall so much? Wouldn't it be good for me to accompany you here?"

Ye Shu was dazed for a moment before figuring out Jin Wang's implication.

Back at the Hall of Yang Xin, there were both the 'Noble Consort' and 'Concubine An' who served His Majesty together, while here, only Concubine An was in favour.

Ye Shu's expression froze.

He indeed came here today to perform his role as the favoured Concubine An, but this dog emperor didn't have to go so far to perform in concert with him, right?

Did this mean they would spend the night here?

Ye Shu unconsciously glanced at the inner room, only to feel the chills on the back of his head. He didn't dare to imagine what it would be like for His Majesty to embrace his beloved concubine in bed but lift the quilt only to see another man lying inside.

Would Jin Wang be so angry that he would directly throw him and Chang Yuan out to be cut to pieces?

He forced a smile and tried to free himself from Jin Wang's arms. "Your Majesty, it's not good for the Noble Consort to be left alone in the Hall of Yang Xin. We'd better..."