"??????!!!!!!"

"No no no, I'm willing, I'm willing!" Ye Shu almost fell off the bed in fright. He clung to the hem of Jin Wang's clothes and said, "Your Majesty, don't kill me. I really entered the palace voluntarily!"

Jin Wang had a smile on his face. "Didn't the official of the Court of Imperial Sacrifices force you to do so?"

Ye Shu repeatedly shook his head. "No, no..."

"But just now you clearly..."

"This subj— ahem... This commoner was momentarily emotional," Ye Shu gazed at Jin Wang and summoned up his courage to go on with his act. "In fact, it was because I have admired Your Majesty for many years that I volunteered to enter the palace, and I would wish to always be at Your Majesty's side."

"You admire Gu?" Jin Wang softly let out a mocking laugh as if he had heard some extremely funny joke. "Don't all you common folk say that Gu committed patricide, killed Gu's own brothers and forcefully waged war; that Gu behaves tyrannically and is an unkind and unjust ruler...... What do you admire about Gu?"

"I......" Ye Shu pondered for a moment, then said earnestly, "The late emperor was unkind. The imperial family excessively indulged in pleasures of life and not only were foreign enemies eyeing the empire covetously like ravenous tigers, the court officials also shielded one another to collude in corruption. What Your Majesty did was to save the people from untold miseries; It was not unkind nor unjust."

Jin Wang's expression slightly changed.

"......So you know." Jin Wang spoke as if with a sigh.

"What—"

Before Ye Shu could inquire, Jin Wang suddenly caught his wrist and pressed him onto the bed.

A familiar scent then smothered him, making Ye Shu have trouble breathing.

Only at that moment did he discover that those handsome eyes, which were so close, were bloodshot.

There was the sound of the door closing, as the servants in the hall all retreated.

Ye Shu gulped.

This dog emperor wasn't going to......

Jin Wang condescendingly gazed at him and softly repeated, "You obviously know everything..."

Ye Shu didn't understand and asked, "What... What do I know?"

Jin Wang said nothing.

His eyes darkened as he swept his fingertips across the side of Ye Shu's face, causing the man beneath him to tremble slightly with nervousness.

Ye Shu's consciousness was heavily clouded these past few days since there had been so many days without contact with Jin Wang's faith incense. A Kunjun desperately needs their Qianjun's comfort during pregnancy. Having been drugged, the emptiness of the past few days had not been obvious, but now that the effect of the drugs had subsided, the emptiness returned in a swirl of dust.

This instinctive desire of his body was far more honest than his reason. He moved impatiently and reached out to tug at Jin Wang's clothes.

"Your Majesty......"

A Kunjun's soft, pleading call could almost make people lose their reason, but Jin Wang just looked at him fixedly and said, "Say what you just said to Gu again."

Ye Shu paused for a moment and obediently repeated, "What Your Majesty did was to save the people from untold miseries; it was not unkind nor unjust."

Jin Wang's palm rested on Ye Shu's jaw, making the latter look directly at him. "The one before that."

Ye Shu, "The late emperor was unkind......"