Chapter Twenty-Three

Atticus' POV

I rushed to see July, trying to remove every thought of Bellamy out of my head to settle an issue I had growing in my trousers. However, my mind replayed her sweet moans in my head, and I could taste her on my lips. I could hear the distant steps of Diego catching up with me but right now I did not want to speak with him as I know he will only tease and taunt me about what just happened. Instead, I find July and meet with him in my office to quickly update each other.

"We have one sighting of Othello, two days ago at the flower market." July explained as I closed the door.

"What Flower market?" I ask knowing this is the most information we have had in a long time and could mean I might finally catch the man and kill him.

" One only a few miles from here. Maggie's Market".

"Are you sure two days ago?" I ask feeling worried all of a sudden dread deep within my stomach.

"Yes, definitely why?" He raises his eyebrow suspecting something is wrong.

"Bellamy was at that Flower market, two days ago". I log into my computer and look through the emails I have been sent, seeing one from July that shows Othello getting out of his car with a bag filled with what looks like teddy bears. On the top visible a black bear with a red bow. He looks towards a local security camera that we were viewing him from, and he winks and if prepared for us to find this footage.

Something doesn't feel right about all of this. What are the chances the first sighting we have of him he was incredibly close to Bellamy. I check the next email so see another clip of him , getting back into his car, this time more rushed, the bag no longer containing the bear, but he still finds a second to lock eyes with the security camera one more time before driving away.

"Get any other footage you can find from around this market, I need to check on something" I excuse myself , running up the stairs towards Bellamy's bedroom, as I open the door I see a pile of Plushies on her bed which I want to find adorable, but I need to stay focused,

The Black bear with a red bow tie, sits on her pillow staring at me as if expecting my arrival. I lift the bear up and pull the tie off to reveal a small camera in the centre of the fabric.

That sick Bastard.

Has he been watching her for two days, or even longer? I need to speak with Bellamy and hold a meeting immediately.

*Bellamy's POV*

I jump off the counter flushed and embarrassed that Diego caught me and Atticus in such a private moment. Although it is a cold evening my skin is on fire due to my most recent activity, so I step onto the outside patio in the back garden to cool down. The moon is big and bright in the sky tonight which I always think is a positive sign for good things to come.

I run my had along the wall feeling each bump and grove of the brick to settle my racing thoughts..

"I think fate is trying to tell us something" I stare up at a deep voice to see Othello stood in the garden. Looking handsome as ever however I did not expect to see him here.

"Hi... What are you doing here?" I awkwardly laugh, stepping closer so I could see him under the moonlight.

"I'm an old friend of Diego's I would never miss his birthday. How do you know him?"

"I'm a new friend, we sort of work together" I extend the truth a bit to cover my ass. We lean against the garden wall and admire the blossoming flowers and trees in the garden.

"You look exceptional tonight Darling" He said , the accent thick in the nick names he uses.

"Thank You " I look down at my dress, slightly cold now, a shiver runs up my spin causing me to quiver slightly. "Oh, here wear my jacket" Othello takes off his suit jacket and before I can protest he wraps it round me. The jacket built for his muscular frame ;it only drapes over my bony shoulders.

" Would you like to walk round the garden for a bit?" He asked, extending his arm out for me to take. I politely nod and interlock our arms, following him through the dark gardens. I know I have nothing to worry about if he is a friend of Diego's. That means he is probably connected to Atticus in some way.
When we come to a lavender plant I can't help but kneel down and sniff the aromatic flowers.

"Do you like lavender?" He asks .

"My favourite ,smells incredible, is a gorgeous colour and looks good with everything".

"You should smell this flower" He says, as I turned to see what flower he held in his hand I abruptly came into contact with a piece of cloth that was pushed against my nose. A chemical smell filled my nostrils, and I became dizzy, and my vison started to blur.

"..why.." I just about get out as I feel my body go numb and I'm caught in his arms.

"Shhh pretty girl, you are safe now" He whispers before everything goes black.