Chapter 2

Ayanokoji POV
Classes went by like usual with the eventual teasing from Hoshinomiya-sensei and math with Mashima-sensei.

Gym was also uneventful as we were doing a parkour course that everyone passed except Sakayanagi due to her not being able to participate.

I changed and waited outside the gym for Horikita so we can go to the teachers lounge on  Hiratsuka-sensei's.

I was fiddling on my phone and she finally came out. "Oh Ayanokoji-kun I didn't expect you to be waiting for me" she said. "Why wouldn't I?" I asked.

"You should now why, after what you said this morning I should be subjected to murdering you but that wouldn't be a great thing." she responded. I see so she was still hung up on this morning, wait did she say murder?

"I was just teasing you about with Amasawa said if you want someone to blame, blame her not me." she probably couldn't care less for this rebuttal but I attempted it anyways.

"Is that so." she said this it her actions weren't matching her words at all and she stabbed me with a compass. "Ow" "It is meant to hurt Ayanokoji-kun, now we should hurry, wasting time here is a hassal." Scary.

We walked to the teachers lounge without speaking a word to each other. When we finally arrived Horikita knocked on the door.
"Enter" a voice said beyond the door.

We opened the door to find Hiratsuka-sensei in a seat. "Take a seat" she said. We did as neither of us wanted to stand. "Sensei, why did you call us here" Horikita asked.

"I have two things I want you two to do. First I would like you to take on an operation." she said. "Where would it be?" I asked, hopefully it wasn't in the United States as most of my operations have been from there currently.

"It's not that far it's in Chiba." she responded. Wow it really wasn't far. "What's the operation?" Horikita asked.

"My former club member's mother is an assassination target and I need you to protect her" she said blankly. "How long" "2 weeks".

Before we can ask any questions she continued, "Her mother is a very influential person and is considered very powerful, if they kill her then that means her daughter will take over and the higher ups in the company feel they can use that to their advantage." she said.

"I see, but how exactly do we protect her, we still are high schoolers?" Horikita asked. "You'll be enrolling at my previously school as transfer students for the duration of the two weeks." she responded immediately as if she were expecting the question.

"Also I have another request for you two." "What is it" Horikita asked. "Can you join the Service Club at my school and help them with club activities."

"I'll decline" Horikita replied sternly. "Horikita" "What Ayanokoji-kun do you have a rebuttal? I don't see no need to do something pointless such as helping with the club activities." she replied.

"But do you think Hiratsuka-Sensei is the type of person to make us do something without a specific reason, would you Sensei?" I knew she probably had a reason to make us join the club.
She seems like the studious type that will do what's best for her students and support them.

"Yes that is right Ayanokoji, the target's daughter is apart of the club I was hoping you guys can get some information from her to help with your job." she responded.

"If that is the case then I suppose that is fine, when will we be leaving?" Horikita asked.
"Tomorrow around 3pm" she responded in succession.

"Ok if that is all I'll be taking my leave" Horikita said as she got up from her chair and made her way to the exit. "Ayanokoji-kun, your not leaving?" "No, I wish to talk to Sensei for a minute" "I won't intrude any further if that is the case" and she left.