Chapter 49

Chapter 49 is dedicated to thefaultinthewriter and Nixxxie_S and EnchantedByOreos

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey lovelies! This will be the last week for updates as the final chapters of The Prince's Fiancée will be posted tomorrow. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions! As usual, I'll be doing a Q&A after the final chapter is up. After reading the epilogue, let me know if you'd like a third book❤
----------------------------------------------------------

Elizabeth's POV

Today was the day. Ashton was going to be declared the crowned prince and the heir to the Crysauralian Empire.

Like my parents, the rest of Crysauralia was probably glued to their TV screens, waiting impatiently for the rare ceremony to begin. With how private the royal family was, any event involving them was greeted by mass curiosity and excitement. Malekh would definitely be monitoring everything from the Spade Kingdom too.

The purpose of the declaration ceremony was to publicly reveal the princes and declare the future heir to the throne. The formal ceremony was to take place in the spacious east wing of the Charlhelm Citadel where the first monarch of Crysauralia had been crowned.

Charlhelm was the real deal. The castle's immense stone structure was complete with dungeons, spiraling towers and a fortified drawbridge that ran over the once great Alnor River.

Despite being centuries old, the castle stood the test of time, looming tall and strong, a relic that seemed to be built into the panorama of the surrounding land. It was nothing like the more modern palace, but it was revered as a historic site. The east wing was more recent, having been carefully constructed a little over fifty years ago.

It was an honor to be invited there much less crowned there. It was one of the many reasons why everyone was so excited to view the ceremony. It wasn't very often that the royal family whipped out their ancient castle and put the interior on public display. My dad who'd visited it for a function years ago, still marveled at its magnificence even now.

I could already hear the excited chatter of the reporters as they prepared to go live for this historic event. In a moment, the national anthem would be played, heralding the golden moment of Ashton's debut. From my spot in the hall, I could see the dignitaries arriving with smug smiles and exquisite outfits. Everyone was dressed to the nines, eager to show off their wealth and status.

The prime minister, The Most Honourable Ron Michaels, wore a poorly concealed frown as he took his seat. He had been extremely opposed to the monarchy, but after the king turned the kingdom into an empire, everyone was impressed and his arguments fell flat.

The reporters and photographers didn't miss a moment to take pictures of everyone entering the large hall. The flashes of the cameras came in brilliant torrents, ready to capture any and all mistakes.

I glanced at my phone, knowing that in a few hours it would blow up in a hotline of calls and messages. Everything would be a lot different from now on. After the ceremony, it wouldn't take long for everyone to connect the dots and find out who I was. Persons who weren't apart of the royal family were already sending me curious sideways glances, trying to figure out who I was. Well, I knew I couldn't avoid this forever. It was only a matter of time before I'd be introduced to the public as Ashton's betrothed.

The royal orchestra played elegantly in the background as the camera crew panned the cameras across the audience. From across the room, Madame Lucille caught my eye and gave me a small smile. In a few more minutes, the guys arrived, looking every bit the nobles they were in their well tailored suits. They sat in my row with Kevin beside me. Their work would officially be starting today.