Chapter 12

Chapter 12 is dedicated to seleneparis and matteaz

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

I went back to the Royal Realm a few days later. This time, because Princess Hailey had somehow acquired my number and had called me me asked to meet up. I didn’t really want to go, but curiosity got the better of me and so here I was.

“Hello, Liz.” She waved. “I can call you Liz, can't I?”

“Um... okay.”

“Great. I was feeling a bit bad for what I said to you a few weeks ago. You didn’t come back so I thought that maybe I had hurt your feelings.”

“Don’t worry about it. I wanted to give you two some space. You are going to be engaged after all."

She clapped happily. “Yes, and I’m so happy. Ashton’s been really busy lately and I’m feeling lonely. Let’s be friends.”

Without waiting for me to reply, she pulled me out of the house. Her bodyguards strode behind us silently.

“Let’s spend the day together. I know the perfect place,” she squealed.

I ended up sitting through a spa pampering day with Hailey- she'd told me to just call her Hailey instead of Princess Hailey- as she chatted about this and that. I didn’t even need to say much. I just had to put in a few ‘Hmms’ and ‘Yeahs’. She just kept going on and on. She had apparently decided that we were now friends.

Throughout the day, Hailey chatted about her family. She was the youngest of six sisters and was elated to finally travel outside of Meryllia. She actually didn’t seem as bad as I’d made her out to be before. Maybe I’d been wrong about her.

“Hey, since you’ve, you know, dated Ash, what kind of things does he like?”

She called him Ash... What did he call her? No, I shouldn't think about that. I shook my head to clear the sad thoughts away, and got into a list of things Ashton did and did not like.

“He prefers savory food although he likes the cakes at Creamy Dreams.” I smiled. “He's full of surprises too. He doesn't seem like type to like hiking, but he does. And he loves sports. He played football for our school- he was the quarterback- and he does basketball and swimming in his spare time.

"He prefers watching movies over reading books and he gets jealous easily, but feels better after you give him a hug.” My mind drifted through the memories, remembering the moments I’d shared with Ashton. “And the way his eyes crinkle when he smiles is the cutest thing ever.”

“He likes savory foods, huh?” She brought her fist down onto her palm. “I’ll try making him something he'll like.”

I grimaced, wondering if she would end up making history by burning down the palace. “You can cook?”

“No, but how hard could it be to follow a recipe.” She smiled to herself as she searched the web for the perfect meal to make. "I'll win him over with my feminine charms."
----------------------------------------------------------

“You look tired,” Kevin remarked.

“Like you’re one to talk,” I retorted. “Seriously, Kev, you need rest.”

“I know, but when Ashton is working himself to the bone like this, it makes it hard for the rest of us to just sit back and do nothing.”

“Jackson would be proud,” I commented.