~13~ Phone Number

Start from the beginning

"Hey, guys, what's up?" George approached the three who were talking.

"Hi Grog! This is Nick, we met at the diner over the summer." Karl was beaming, his goofy smile and cheeks slightly red.

"Hello, I'm George." He replied, sticking his hand out for a handshake. Nick took it and looked him up and down with a smirk.

"So you're George? The George?" Nick said, a smirk still on his face. George was suddenly nervous, fidgeting with the sleeves of his sweater.

"Yes? Do I know you?" George asked, his tone a bit worrisome. Nick shook his head.

"No personally, my friend just talked about you almost all summer." Nick shrugged. George was slightly confused about what he meant. He tilted his head to the side, confusion was evident on the brunette's face. Nick caught on and lightly chuckled. George looked from Karl to Alex and back to Nick to see if they knew who they were talking about.

"My friend is Clay." Nick spoke up. George's face went crimson and his heart skipped a beat after hearing the name. His stomach began to flutter but he quickly tried to settle them.

"Oh." Was the only thing George could muster up, his face still extremely red. The other three were laughing at the brunette. George started shoving each of them so they would stop. Finally, the blush subsided. They continued the previous conversation, George got to know Nick a bit more but he was slightly distracted. He talked about me to his friends? What did he say? How could he have said much because we didn't even talk? God this is confusing. George shoved the thoughts away and put his attention back into the conversation.

Clay POV kinda (the thoughts in italics are Clays now)

"Nick! Hey, you didn't answer your pho-" Clay jogged up to the group, stopping mid sentence when he spotted George. Oh my god, his outfit is... hot. Clay could feel his cheeks go red as he scanned the other boys' body outfits. The skirt he wore went a little bit below his ass, still covering it nonetheless, the pink cropped sweater showed a bit of his midriff. Clay gulped as he tried to pry his eyes off of the beautiful boy in front of him. Compose yourself, idiot, you look like a creep right now.

"Hi, George!" Clay said happily, rubbing his hand on the back of his neck in efforts of trying to cover the blush that he could feel creeping up his neck. George's face went a deep red, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Hello Clay" George said, his voice quiet, nervousness lacing it. Clay couldn't help but smile at the boy's nervousness. He then looked at Nick.

"Okay so, opening game night is on Friday, correct?" Nick nodded.

"Yeah. Also, this is Alex and Karl." Nick gestured toward the two. They both waved and said hello to the blonde.

"Nice to meet you Alex, nice to see you again Karl. Sorry I didn't show up all summer. Football shit ya know." Karl nodded and the four started talking. Clay could feel George's eyes on him, studying him. Occasionally the blonde would look back to meet a flustered and red brunette who would quickly look away.

*Ring ring*

"Well that's the bell, wanna walk to class together Georgie?" Clay asked as he put an arm around the brunette's shoulder. He was expecting George to pull away or something but he didn't.

"Yeah, let's go. Don't wanna be late." George said, lightly grabbing the hand that dangled off his shoulder and pulling Clay toward the correct building. George's hands were cold, just like the last time he felt them. They were soft, and smooth. Extremely satisfying to the touch.

The two headed toward class, still linked together. When in class they couldn't stop talking with one another. They were lucky that Ms. Puffy didn't catch them but yet again they were in the back of the class.

Clay learned from George that he liked music and that he played guitar. That's why he was at the diner so late, he was writing music. He also learned he had a sister named Beth, Clay could have sworn he heard the name before but pushed it aside. George's best friends were Karl and Alex, they had met Freshman year when George moved from the UK to the states.

The bell rang and the two split their ways. Before Clay left the classroom he was stopped by the brunette.

"Hey uhm I was wondering if I could uh get your number?" George asked, his voice quiet like before. Clay's mouth formed a large smile that could light up an entire room.

"Yeah here you go" Clay said, scribbling the digits on a piece of paper that was in his pocket. The other boy had a big smile on his face as he took the paper. Like yesterday, Clay walked George to his next class until they finally split their ways. To Clay's dismay, he was quite disappointed because he wouldn't see the brunette until tomorrow.

Word Count: 1447

A/N: Double update whaaaa. I'm on a roll, I can't stop writing. Sis has a lot of inspiration rn. Anywho, please leave your opinions in the comments. Please take a break drink water and try to eat <3 you are loved!

Vote? :]

Until next time Baked beans 😌

Lex<3