The Avengers pt.2

Mulai dari awal

Steve and Tony had managed to get back with the man whose name I had learned to be Thor. Thor and Loki were brothers. Tony, Banner, Thor, Steve, and Natasha were all sitting around a table. I was sitting in the corner of the room. They were watching as Fury talked to Loki. Natasha looked at me. " He really grows on you doesn't he?" Banner said. " Loki's gonna drag this out," I said approaching the table. " So, Thor, what's his play?" I asked leaning on the table. He looked at me. " He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people." Thor said. " They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." Thor finished. An agent came up behind Thor. " An army" Steve said glancing at me. " We've beaten armies." I said crossing my arms. " not from outer space" Steve said looking at me. " So what? They're just gonna... look different." I said shrugging my shoulders. " I don't judge," I said glancing at Nat. She smiled. " So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Banner said taking off his glasses. " Selvig?" Thor said. " He's an astrophysicist." Banner said. " He's a friend," Thor responded. Thor had long blonde hair. " Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours," Natasha said. " I want to know why Loki let us take him," Steve said. " He's not leading an army from here," I said agreeing with Steve. " I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him." Banner said. " Have care how you speak," Thor said. " Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. He is my brother." Thor said to Banner. " He killed 80 people in two days," Natasha said. " He's adopted," thor said trying to redeem himself. I hid a smile. " I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium... What do they need the iridium for?" Banner asked. " It's a stabilizing agent," Tony said as he walked in with Coulsen. " Like how HYDRA used that device as a stabilizing agent," I said to Steve. He looked up at me. He nodded. " It means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D. No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing." Tony said to Thor. " Also, it means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long, as Loki wants," Tony said then turned around. I moved to my right and sat down in a set between Steve and Natasha. " Raise the mizzenmast. Jib the topsails." Tony said. I tilted my head. " He's referring to the cover," Natasha said. I nodded. There was a cover over the ship. " That man is playing Galaga. he thought we wouldn't notice, but we did," Tony said pointing to a guy that was on the computer. Tony covered one of his eyes. " How does Fury even see these?" Tony asked. " He turns" The agent that was behind Thor said. " Sounds exhausting," Tony said. " The rest of the raw materials. Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. The only major component he still needs is a power source of high energy density." He snapped his fingers. " SOmething to kick-start the Cube." tony said turning to everyone. " When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" The agent asked. " Last night" Tony responded. I scoffed. Steve looked at me. " I couldn't hold it back," I said to Steve. " The packet, Selvig's notes, the extraction theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Tony asked. " I did the reading too," I said messing around with my spear-in-a-tube. " Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asked. " He would have to hear the Cube to 120-million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Banner said. " Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect," Tony said with satisfaction. " Well if he could do that, he could achieve heavy-ion fusion at any reactor on the planet." Banner said. He was fiddling with his glasses. " finally, someone who speaks English" Tony said walking toward Banner. " Is that what just happened?" Steve asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. " I only understood the papers to a certain extent," I said. Banner and Tony shook hands. " Dr. Banner is only here to track the Cube. I was hoping you might join him." Fury said to Tony. He then looked at me. I looked up at him. " Yes, Mr. Fury?" I asked. "You're going to watch and learn. Don't think that we didn't track your every movement, Ms. Schnieder. We saw what you did at that elementary school." Fury said. I sighed. " School? you went to an elementary school?" Steve asked. " no. I just-" " You just wanted to know if there was anything you could do to help. You fixed a couple of buses that hadn't been running for years and lifted a truck that was a safety hazard. I have eyes everywhere Ms. Schnider." He said. " You helped an elementary school?" Natasha said smiling at me. " You're a mechanic?" Tony asked. I sighed and looked down at the table. " She'll talk to you about it later. Right now I need you to figure out where the Cube is." Fury said. " I suggest you start with that staff of his. It works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon." Steve said. " I don't know about that, but it is powered by the Cube. And I would like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys." Fury said. " monkeys? I do not understand" Thor said. " I do!" Steve said pointing at Thor. " I- I understood that reference," Steve said looking around. I patted his shoulder. He smiled. " Shall we play, Doctor? And Night-Wolf" Tony said pointing at me. I sighed. " Wish me luck," I said to Steve as I stood up. " Maybe it'll be good for you?" Steve said. I gave him a death glare. " I'm sorry did you call her Night-Wolf?" Banner said. "It's my... You know what never mind" I said. " Okay, well this way, sir, ma'am" Banner said leading us out the door.