30| Judgement Day 𝐈 {Part Two}

{AN// Thank you so much for getting this to 6k reads! <3 }

[TW// moderate blood, violence and threatening language]

Lancelot is put on trial for his crimes and an unexpected turn of events has deadly consequences.

"Then I may die by my own sword."

Ari's eyes widened until they stung, what is he doing? Is he trying to get himself killed? Discarding his sword this way where any of the already enraged Fey could reach it was a death sentence waiting to be passed. It was more than that, it was a challenge. An open invitation for his death to come calling. She clasped her fingers further together behind her back as she tried to restrain herself from stopping this. Ari looked to Gawain across over Lancelot's shoulder, trying to school her quickening heartbeat. She'd known him for long enough to see that he seemed as confused as she was.

Lancelot dared not look at Ari, he had not told her that this is what he was going to offer the Fey. He felt his heartbeat pounding in his ears. The silence that hung in the air was as unnerving as the canopy creaking overhead.

"We would rather see you burn than let you help us!" One man broke the silence and that threat stung a place in Lancelot's chest that usually only his own mind could reach. The Fey jeered their agreement as he felt their eyes rake over his body.

"How are we supposed to trust what you say?" A Fey on the front row of the crowd raised her harsh voice at him. Lancelot turned, answering immediately.

"You cannot," he pushed out and fought to keep what remained in him of the Weeping Monk at bay, "my words will never be enough. I ask that you let my actions from now on speak for me." They shouted over him and he did not think that they were listening to him, why would they?

"How can a Fey kill their own kind?" A woman's voice broke through the rest.

"Traitor!" Another man boomed over her and the Fey echoed him.

Lancelot started to regret this, perhaps things would have been better if no one knew what he truly was. The taunts filled the forest.

 The taunts filled the forest