40| Afterglow {Part Two}

❗️ CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT ❗️

[CW// innuendo, implied sexual content, mild blink and you miss it smut]

Ari and Lancelot fall further in love and Squirrel makes a discovery.

Hector stepped forward towards Lancelot once the boy was gone, those blue eyes reflecting his brother's own narrowing dubiously. "Something happened," he deadpanned affirmatively once more with a smug grin, seeing straight through Lancelot's stoic façade, "you've been smiling all morning." And he knew that his brother could not deny it.

Lancelot eyed his younger brother, he could tell that the shorter man was not going to back down about this. He gave up the mask and sighed contentedly, letting his face shift to a fraction of what he was actually feeling inside. Lancelot nodded very shallowly to confirm the Ash man's suspicion, his lip curving upwards at one edge. He was hoping that he wouldn't have to spell it out to his brother just what exactly had happened.

Hector's eyes widened like he was sharing in the other man's joy, "Eyyy!" He pat his brother on the arm with an overeager thud but pulled back at Lancelot's lack of shared enthusiasm as his face suddenly fell into something which looked almost annoyed.

"Keep your voice down," Lancelot gritted, grabbing onto Hector's arm to guide him out and away from the stable yard. It wasn't rough, just enough to move him. He didn't quite understand the camaraderie or apparent necessity to boast about his night. He didn't even want to talk about it, he didn't think it was right someone knowing such intimate things about his relationship with the Fey queen. But he couldn't hold it in either, he wanted just someone to know that he was happy and oddly, he trusted Hector.

"What, did it not go well?" Hector teased without being able to hold back a light chuckle as his brother lead him out of the yard and towards the surrounding woodlands, ducking them both through a stone archway in the wall.

They were lucky that few people were hanging around this side of the castle on this bright morning to not be concerned with the former monk's action, that large and sharp famous sword of the former monk hanging at his hip.

"It went fine, more than fine," Lancelot retorted but his voice did not match what he was saying. He walked a little quicker into the cleared area of grass to get away from any ears of those who may just find this information profitable. By all accounts he was a sword to the queen and nothing more, and that's how it needed to stay.

Hector eyed him as he was all but dragged along, "Then what's the problem?"

Lancelot's lips drew together, swallowing his tongue. The problem? There was no problem until Hector started on this inquisition and it was a silly thing to be ashamed of for a man of their age. He sometimes forgets that his younger brother has lived more of a normal person's life than he has.