25| Where Fates Collide {Part One}

═ 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙁𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙙𝙚 ═

[TW// mild/moderate panic]

Ari worries for Lancelot's fate and questions the new magic in her grasp

Visions are seldom all they seem

Her gold made contact with his pleading, empty storms, the weeping tears turning red and dripping down his face before he collapsed towards the dirt. Her heart sank to the depths of despair at the bloodied arrow piercing through Lancelot's chest.

Ari bolted upright, barely able to breathe as she clutched to her chest. You will be the death of him, she saw him die, an arrow running straight through Lancelot's chest as he bled out in the dirt like some kind of animal. Ari ran, she tried to reach him but she couldn't, he just got further and further away. His unmoving body slipped through her fingers as the world turned to darkness. The gold of her eyes were blown wide and stung painfully, her sight hazed with nothing but the flickers of red and yellow before her. Her ears rang like they had in her nightmare right before the forest had snapped. She felt a warmth on her shoulder, pressing gently but her mind had no energy to react. The air choked in her lungs, she had no idea what was happening.

"Shh," a voice tried to soothe her but it was nothing more than muffled noise in her ears. The fire taunted her, calling out her name as it spat its embers towards her. A frozen shiver ran down her spine and her body twitched as if coming back to life.

"You're safe," the voice, it was still there beside her. She couldn't focus, the ground felt like it was moving beneath her and her hands reached out for anything they could get. She gripped onto something and it moved beneath her. The soft voice like a gentle tide called out to her again and she heard it clearly this time, "I'm here, calm down."

Her dry throat gulped down a breath as she twisted towards the sound. Her head shook as it looked up to his face, his piercing blue eyes cutting through the darkness of the dying firelight. She reached out without thinking, pressing her hand to his chest where the arrow in her nightmare had struck. There was nothing, no hole, no tear, no blood. She pushed at his tunic carelessly as her eyes ran over his body crouched on his heels beside her.

 She pushed at his tunic carelessly as her eyes ran over his body crouched on his heels beside her