"People will always have opinions about everything you do. It doesn't matter if you're freaking Beyoncé, there would always be critics but you can't let that stop you from doing what you want or putting yourself out there to chase after your dreams. You only live once, Tiara. You should live your life without regrets." Naborhi advised and I saw the sense in her words. I had made a promise to myself a month ago to be bold and daring. Naborhi had reminded me of that and even though, I was scared to put my art out there again, it was a chance I had to take.

"Okay, okay! Let's do it!" I said with determination. I was not backing down now.

"Great! I'll call her right now!" She informed, walking back to the bed and picking up her phone from where it lay.

"Wait! Right now?" I freaked out and she nodded. I took in a deep breath and nodded. I was going to put myself out there.

*

Naborhi and I arrived at The Larin Art Gallery owned by a friend of hers, Bolarin Balogun, at seven the next evening. Bolarin was having a charity event to support her husband's foundation for orphans and underprivileged children. He had newly lunched the foundation and the couple had gathered their richest friends to make sizable donations to the foundation.

"Wow, the turn out is great!" Naborhi said as we walked into the large gallery. It was a huge three storey building with very sophisticated architectural design. The ground floor housed about thirty people and they were all chatting, drinking and taking in the art works. There was soft music playing in the background. Not loud enough to be considered a party but loud enough that I could make out the words of the song. Dimension by Jae5, Rema & Skepta was on.

"Ana!" A voice called as we made our way towards the first painting by the left white wall. We turned to see a dark skinned, petite and sophisticated looking woman walking up to us. She was dressed in an ankle length red silk dress with straps and held a half full champagne fluke in her right hand.

"Bibi!" Naborhi grinned as she gave the woman a quick hug, wrapping her free hand around her. Up close the woman looked to be in her midthirties. She was gorgeous as well. I couldn't help but notice the diamond necklace around her neck. The reflection of the light on the gem had nearly blinded me as she pulled away from Naborhi.

"I'm so glad you could make it!"

"I missed the grand opening, there's no way I could pass up the chance to support you and Richard."

"Thank you, sweetheart." She gave Naborhi another hug.

"Bolarin, This is my friend, Tiara. The one I told you about." Naborhi gestured to me and I gave a polite smile as Bolarin turned to me. So, she was the owner of this beautiful gallery.

"The artist." Bolarin recalled as she switched her fluke to her left hand and then, she extended her right to me to shake. "I've heard quite good things about you, Tiara. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you as well. You have an amazing gallery. I'm in awe." I said as I shook her hand and she gave a small laugh.

"I'm glad you like it." She said to me before turning back to Naborhi. "You can go on to explore the gallery. I've got some matters to attend you. I'll catch you both later." She gave us a smile before walking away.

"Well, let's see some art!" Naborhi said, turning to me with a smile and I mirrored hers.

Naborhi and I had spent the next hour glancing at paintings and sculptures. The paintings had been amazing and they did make me feel like an amateur artist but Naborhi always knew when the thoughts crossed my mind and she didn't hesitate to smack my arm and remind me that I was an amazing artist. I was glad that someone believed in my talent. She always had.

"Here! Take a photo of me!" Naborhi said, handing me her iPhone. "The lighting here is perfect." She took a few steps back and struck a pose in her white, strapless jumpsuit. She was a natural when it came to taking photos. She had to be after all the photoshoots she had done with several magazines all over the world. Sometimes, I forgot that she was really famous.

"I think I've got a couple of good shots." I told her after taking about fifteen to twenty photos of her.

"No, no! Let's do a few more!" She pleaded. "Over here!" She said, walking over to one of the huge pillars in the large hall. She leaned on it, making an effortless pose.

I had just taken the first photo of her when a familiar face came into the shot. My head snapped up to see Derrek standing a few feet behind Naborhi studying an abstract painting. I felt my heart begin to pound in my chest and there was a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

A blonde haired white girl walked up to him and clung onto his arm as she started speaking. I had deduced immediately that she was his fiancée that Tosin had told me about. She had mentioned that the girl was a blonde British girl who looked like a Victoria's Secret angel and she was not wrong. The girl was gorgeous, no wonder Derrek fell in love with her.

"Tiara, what are you doing?" Naborhi called my attention and I averted my eyes from Derrek back to her. "Who are you staring at?" She asked as she walked up to me and I shook my head, pulling her away before she noticed Derrek. She would have made me talk to him and I didn't think I could manage that, not when he had his fiancée hanging on his arm.

"Let's check out the second floor. I heard someone say there are amazing silhouette photos there." I said as I pulled her towards the stairs.

"Silhouettes? Why would I care about silhouettes?"

"You don't have to care, you just have to see."

A half an hour went by and Naborhi and I had toured the entire gallery. Naborhi had gone on to decide on which paintings and sculptures she wanted to purchase but I was exhausted and my feet ached from standing so long in heels, so, I decided to have yet another cocktail and sit for a while.

I checked my phone for calls and messages and I had quite a few. A call from Tosin and Benjamin and some texts from a couple of old schoolmates and former co-workers. I went on to reply the messages and by the time I was done, I noticed a pair of male shoes stop in front of me. I looked up to see who it was and I almost choked.

"Derrek."

"Tiara. Fancy running into you here." Derrek Dune smiled down at me and I felt my heart melt.

******************************

Here's the second update for the week! I owed it to you guys after being gone so long.

Enjoy!