Chapter 7: Let's Go Halfsies

|| Coral ||

I hated feeling guilty, and right now, I hated that I hate feeling guilty.

Because as Wyatt stood beside me, listening carefully to the choreographers who were introducing themselves, I dreaded how to make him believe that I actually did send the message to him while not forgetting how he treated me back then for a second. Ugh, I should have double-checked the texts. Regardless of that...

It was hard to keep that part of me down that just wanted to run wild and scream at him till my throat hurt so that I could get my closure. And maybe I would. Just not now. I had to hold back until the wedding. Better not make the already awkward situation worse.

For now, I should just go along the flow.

I took a determined breath and started paying attention to a couple of choreographers standing in front of us.

"We will at first show you the full dance, then teach you to step by step, is that okay?" Katrina asked.

"Yes, that would be great. Thank you," I said and moved back a few steps to give them space.

I had already given them a call about the songs and types of dance I wanted. Since my dance along with Wyatt's was supposed to start after the first dance and our dance with the bride and groom, it was better to start it slow, then take it up a few notches to encourage the other guests to hit the dance floor.

As Katrina and her husband Kevin started the dance slowly, I looked for Wyatt's reaction. He had an almost smug look on his face, thinking that he could pull it off.

Oh, you poor daydreaming lad...

After a few seconds, as the music got louder and the steps got faster, his eyes widened. Till the end of the dance, he just gaped with his jaw dropped.

"Holy shit. What the hell was that?" Wyatt let out under his breath when Katrina and Kevin finished.

It took everything within me to not burst out laughing and leaned closer to Wyatt's ear to whisper provocatively, "You'd better not embarrass me."

He gave me a horrified look while I straightened my back up, knowing I was going to have way too much fun with it.

As you've guessed, Wyatt was not a great dancer. God didn't bless him with any artistic talent, whether it was drawing, writing, singing, or dancing. He was absolutely deplorable at all of the aforementioned qualities.

Katrina clapped her hands and asked with an eager smile. "So what did you think? Can you guys pull it off?"

Before I could open my mouth, Wyatt spoke up, "Can't we just do the starting slow-motion dance?"

"You mean the waltz?" Katrina asked.

"Yes, that."

"Well, you're already doing the waltz with the bride."

"What? I'm dancing with the bride? Since when?" he asked, sounding a bit lost.

I jabbed him with my elbow and hissed, "Since the beginning. How could you not know the best man dances with the bride?"

"No one mentioned that, so I thought we weren't doing that," he protested, and I rolled my eyes.

"That's really sad, Wyatt," Katrina said apathetically and turned to me. "Anyways, shall we start?"

I nodded and dragged Wyatt to join me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and motioned his confused soul to place his hands on my waist.

Wyatt hesitated for a moment before putting them there. When he did, I got little goosebumps. It was strange how his hands on my clothed waist were sending me chills when once I used to let those hands roam freely all over my body.