xxi. stay with me.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

"Y/n/n," Sam jumped into the bed and lay right next to you. "Are you still working?"

"Don't worry, I'll be done soon," you reassured her without taking your eyes off the laptop.

"Alright," she scoffed. "But make it fast."

"Damn, okay. Why are you in such a big-time rush?"

"I'm not," Sam straightened up her posture."I just want to spend time with you... We haven't really spent much time together lately."

You sighed and close your laptop, "I know.  I'm so sorry, I—"

"I completely understand," she smiled as she took your laptop and put it on the nightstand beside her. "Can we just snuggle? Please? Just for a while? I miss you."

Sam spread her arms and wrapped them around you.

"Okay, fine," you gave in and rested your head on her chest.

"So... How's your work going?"

"Horrible, I still have so many things to work on. Imagine if they all can just vanish!" you rambled. "I wish I can just lay here forever with you."

"Let's just enjoy the moment right now."

"Sure."

The two of you stayed silent for a moment, just enjoying each other's presence.

Because of the silence, you can hear clearly Sam's heartbeat. You leaned in closer and listened to it.

"Sam," you called. "Your heartbeat..."

"What? What's wrong with it?"

"It's racing so fast," you grinned. "You have a crush on me, don't you?"

"What?!" her cheeks reddened. "Y/n, we're married!"

"I don't know Sam, that sounds gay," you stuck your tongue out. 

"Y/n, we're gay!"

"Right!" you laughed. "Hey, your face is burning red. You're blushing!"

"Yeah," she said as she caressed your cheek. "And?"

"It's cute," you gave her a cheeky smile. "Reminds me of the good old days."

"Hm, yeah," Sam nodded. "Remember when we use to do iCarly with Carly and that nerd?"

Old memories started flooding your brain and you smiled.

"How could I not?" you chuckled.  "Also... The 'nerd' has a name!"

"Yeah, yeah."

"Don't act like that. You use to date him, right?"

"Brrr," Sam shivered. "Don't ever remind me of that."

"Aww, but you two were all over each other!"

"Y/n!"

"Alright, alright, sorry," you stopped and think of other things you can talk about. "But hey, you went to L.A. after the show's over, right?"

"Oh yeah, I did."

"Yeah, you dated that sweet red-headed girl, right?"

"....Can we stop talking about my exes?" Sam pleaded.

"Sorry, sorry. My baby is just so lovely, everybody wants you," you said as you leaned close to her face and plant kisses all over it.

"But I only want you," she stared at you lovingly.

"I know."

Your phone suddenly rang so Sam took it and handed it to you.

You didn't move an inch and stayed close to Sam.

"Thank you," you muttered before picking up. "Hello?"

"Hello, Y/n," your boss' voice was heard from the other line.

"Hello, Mrs. Fox. How may I help you?"

"Have you finished your work?"

"I was working on it but it's not done yet," you bit your tongue, feeling very nervous.

"Great," you can hear her smile through the phone. "Y/n, do you know why you have been getting so much work lately?"

"I got an email that you wanted me to do them."

"I never asked you to. It was Carlos. He has been doubling up your work so he doesn't need to work," she revealed. "You don't need to worry now though because you won't have any work for the rest of the month. Carlos will do his' and yours."

"No way!" you exclaimed. "Mrs. Fox, thank you so much."

"No problem. Have a good day, L/n."

"You too, ma'am."

You hung up the phone and screeched in excitement.

"You don't have any work for the next 15 days?!" Sam gasped.

"Amazing, right?!" you squealed. "Now that nothing is stopping me, I'm never letting you go!"

"I don't plan on leaving your side either," she smiled.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄