xix. crush on you.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

You knock at the Shay's door and waited for an answer. A frustrated groan was heard, followed by a yell. 

"Come in!"

You opened the door and found Spencer with a baby in his hand. A mischievous thought passed through your mind, and you decided to play around with him.

"Spencer," you lightly gasped. "Congratulations!"

Confusion was written all over his face, "What for?" 

"The baby, duh," you grinned. "So, who's the father?"

"...This is not my baby?"

"Then who's?" you asked as you jogged to the stairs.

"Mr. and Mrs. Harlensenchester's, our neighbor."

"Oh," your mouth shaped an 'O' as you leaned your head to the stairs' rail. "Why'd you quit being an artist and decide to be a babysitter?"

"Huh? I would never quit being an artist!" Spencer proclaimed defensively, causing the baby to cry. 

His face fell and he tried his best to shush the baby down. It was undoubtedly not working, so you chose to help him. 

You sighed and walk to Spencer and the baby. You took the baby from his hand smoothly and gently rocked his body back and forth. The baby gradually calmed down and a little smile appeared when his eyes meet yours.

You smiled back at the baby before returning him to Spencer, "There."

"Wow," Spencer stared at you in awe. "How did you do that?"

"Babies prefer attractive faces."

"Ohhh," he nodded his head after hearing so before realizing. "Wait, what's that supposed to mean?!"

You suppressed a laugh and avoided answering the question by changing the subject, "Can you tell me why are you babysitting the Harlensenchester's baby? Have you even babysit before?"

"Hey, I have a little sister and I babysit her and her friends, including you," he remarked. "But I guess you have a point. I... want to make a baby robot."

You decided not to further question it since you have to meet Carly, Sam, and Freddie at the moment.

"Understandable, have a nice day..."

You ran upstairs and to the attic, you go. But when you were about to reach for the door handle, you heard Sam and Carly talking.

Carly was squealing and exclaiming,

"So you actually like Y/n?!"  

"Sam likes me?..." you asked yourself quietly. 

"Yes," Sam replied in a hushed tone. "But don't say that too loud! What if someone hears us?"