"If it were simply a few hundreds, I might survive, but thousands is far over pushing the limits of my abilities..." I sighed as the thousands upon thousands of limbo creatures began pouring into view like water from a broken dam. I keep a tight hold on the key, trying to think of a plan in this difficult situation, when thankfully, the sun rose.

Like a beacon of hope, the sun shines brightly in front of us, and Professor Arkan is able to use the Light sphere to stop the ferox. I should be happy, but my sixth sense is just screaming at me. Something is wrong, and I need to get away.

My sixth sense is very sensitive. I'm a cautious angel in a way. It isn't like me to dive head first into things, but sometimes it does happen. It's too early to celebrate, and my sixth sense knows that. I fly a bit higher into the sky before the ground began to break apart, and suddenly my 'friends', and the professors are captured by Reina, who looks more like an octopus monster.

"That's just like you Elos, leaving your friends behind to save yourself...oh wait, you have no friends, do you?" Reina laughed, waving the angels and devils around like they're nothing but dolls.

Normally, I would be hurt by her works, but for some reason, it doesn't bother me as much, in fact, I don't care.

"Whether they're my friends or not is completely up to them, after all I put them though, I'd be surprised if they didn't want me dead, but, still I'm going to try this time. Once we stop you, I'm going to try my hardest to make it up to them and give them... No... Give myself a chance to be a friend." I made sure the key was secure, then  glare at her.

"Such pretty words for a useless little angel that can't even figure out the obvious." Reina drops everyone, and I cover the ground in a cloud of dark cotton cushion the fall.

The professors are the first to really get up. Arkan looks around at the angels and devils, and I wonder why they didn't try to fly, but their light was gone. The celestial light that surround us angels and devils at all times unless of course, our powers are gone.

"If you give me the key, I'll let your friends and you live and return home, however, if you do not give me what I want, I'll take the key off your corpse!"

I know what I should do, for the good of the earthly ones, but not if I can do it. More than anything I don't want anyone die here, but the longer I wait the more my friends are being attacked. All these through a running through my head, and yet none of them are a solution-

'Elos, if you can hear me, tell Reina you need time to think about it.'

The voice in my head is Raf's, how she could use her power escapes me, but I listen to her regardless. "This is a very difficult decision, I need time to think about it."

"You have no time, decide now!"

I lower myself so that I'm just out of her reach and respond to Raf in my head. 'You are truly amazing, Raf... An angel like no other, and I am proud to have been able to call you a friend.'

'Elos... We are friends. Every fight we've ever had, weren't our fault. It was Reina trying to get between us.'

I nod, sighing, 'I know that now, and I feel like a fool for not seeing it. This was never just about Sulfus and I, it was Me and You.'

'What do you mean?' Raf tried hiding her surprise, but it came out in her voice.

I lower myself to the ground with the others and stand in front of Reina. 'Raf, if I'm all about angelic darkness, then you are my opposite, the angelic light. Let everything out, your entire life, feel that energy inside you and you'll see what I have seen, all this time.'

Raf cut off our connection, and for a moment, there was nothing, then her very essence surrounded her like all the angels of the world had come to fuel her power. Celestial blue is her essence, and Reina can't even touch her.

I cover myself in my own devilishly black essence, closing my eyes to the world to let loose everything that I've held back my entire life. The energies clashed, and then converged, the light and darkness being seen from miles across the earth.
___

The next thing I know, I'm back at the river, the one I've crossed twice before.

"...Ah, I understand now." I sit beside the river of mixed light and dark energies that I hadn't noticed before. I have my hand in it, and yet, can't feel a thing.

This place, it's tied to me and my power, whether I'm an angel, or a devil, both, or neither. This place is what I am.

It is true, that I wasn't born an angel or devil either. I can't explain my my own life to myself, but I can say that I don't regret being alive.

I wish I could go back and tell my younger self that, no matter how much I'm ignored, I do mean something to someone. I'm thankful for the fact that I left, and came into a place where I truly feel loved and appreciated.

"What should I do here... If I become a devil, I can hold Sulfus's hand... But if I stay an angel, I can be in class with the angels, and Raf."

"That's for you to decide, Elos. Your life is up to you, now that you've learned what it's like, what do you want to do?"

I smile to myself as the voice rang in my head. "I love Sulfus, and I like Raf and the angels. The devil's are nice too...so, I choose...-"

I let my body flow in the river, as my choice has been made.