Chapter 16

The last two weeks have been mayhem. Once again someone has somehow caught wind that I am moving in with Stefan and the media is surrounding us more than ever! There are headlines everywhere apologizing to everyone because 'the most wanted bachelor is moving in with his new lover.' Well tough girls he is all mine! I don't mind the journalists trying to get to know me, have interviews with me (which I always turn down) and having photos taken of me walking down the street. It's more of the upscale famous events I get nervous about but luckily I haven't had one just yet. That was until half way though moving in the final boxes when Stefan dropped some rather large news on me.

"You're up for an award?" I scream at him in pure shock. Stefan was currently telling me about an awards show he has to attend every year. Apparently these awards are the Oscar's of the business world and Stefan and Damon always get invited to these events along with their father who apparently never shows. I've actually been asked to create a piece for it anyway since I am going with Stefan but this would make things so much better if he wins and I pull off an amazing article of what happens to winners of awards at shows.

"Well technically, Damon and I are but yes. We are up for an award this time." He says beaming at me. I am so ecstatic for them.

In my excitement, I drop the box full of pillows I had in my hands and run to grab him in a tight hug. "I am so proud of you! When are the awards?"

"In about a month's time. The people who get nominated always get told in advance."

I could not have been more proud of him right then for him, Damon and their company. Inside I frown but I don't show it to Stefan in the moment of this wonderful news. Now on top of moving house, which is stressful enough, I am going to my first televised award show where the media will be everywhere, I have to create a piece of it for work and I have to find a dress and make myself as elegant and presentable as possible. At least I have a month for it and all of the boxes that have my stuff in them have somewhat found a place in Stefan's home. Now I just have to unpack them and all will be fine. I just try to relax myself and take it one step at a time as Caroline would tell me, and I am doing just that starting with next week for my moving in party.

A week past quickly and tonight is my moving party. I honestly have been looking forward to this quite a bit. I have had such a stressful day at work so it was nice to come home to a nice hot bath. I practically fell asleep in the bath I was that relaxed. I sorted out a nice navy dress to wear (my favorite) and I had sorted my hair into soft curls. Looking at myself in the mirror, I looked good and I felt good. It was just what I needed. Stefan has been so great with me moving in and disrupting his tidy house with boxes. Luckily I was given a few days off thanks to Bonnie, so I spent those days unpacking all of the boxes in the house. At last all of them are unpacked. There is not one box to be seen and I am honestly grateful to see the back of them. Stefan helped me unpack everything so it made things easier and by last night, the last pillow was out of the box and I was officially moved in! Tonight is the official first night that I have fully moved in with all of my stuff in the house and it feels amazing! I miss seeing Caroline and Matt sometimes in the morning this past week but my thoughts are always melted away by watching a sleeping Stefan next to me in bed looking as beautiful as ever and I realise what a lucky girl I really am.

I hear a small crowd of people talking in the living room so I walk downstairs and I am greeted by Stefan standing at the end of the stairs wearing a white shirt and black jeans looking....so hot. I stand on the last step and smile at him.

"You like?" I say as I attempt a small twirl on the small step.

Stefan smiles back at me and I am so close to him that I see his pupils dilate in amusement. "I do like." He mutters. "But I love this more" He says kissing me on the lips tenderly. The sound of the people around us fades away and I am transported into our own world of bliss for a few precious moments before I remind myself that there are people here so we can't get up to anything. "Are you ready, roomy?" Stefan jokes.