Chapter 4

I knew that Stefan Salvatore was rich but I had no idea how rich he was! As we drove all of the way towards Mayfair, my eyes started to grow wider and wider. I have never been down this part of London before as I live on the other side of the city so I became very nervous. This is one of the richest parts of the city and I was about to walk inside one of the houses that I had heard about and seen in films! When arriving outside his house, he told me to wait there, walked around the car and opened my door for me to walk out with his hand stretched out for me to use like a proper gentleman! I have never seen someone do that for years! I know he is from America but over here it is very hard to find a decent gentleman who would do that anymore. Slightly pressing onto his hand he helps me out of the car and walks me into the house.

His house is stunning. It was a typical town house with tall cream walls, wooden floor and paintings everywhere. "Your house is amazing." I said bending down to take off my high heels moaning a sigh of relief when my bare feet touch the cold wooden floor. Hearing my sound of relief, Stefan laughed.

"Why do you girls wear shoes like that when they clearly hurt your feet?" he asks "It's always baffled me"

"It's meant to make you look sexy, taller and thinner" I say mockingly

"Well it worked." He blurted out catching my gaze awkwardly before walking towards what looked like the kitchen. Wait...did he really just say that?

Pulling myself out of my moment of thought I heard rustling of opening and shutting cupboards from the kitchen "Would you like a glass of wine?" He calls from the other room trying to change the subject.

"Yes please." I answer following him into the kitchen. He pours us a glass of red wine each and we sit down into the living room which could easily fit my bedroom twice over! Taking a sip I turn to him relaxing in a black leather chair.

"Thank you for letting me stay tonight. I don't particularly want to walk into Caroline and Matt getting together."

"That's not a problem" He says to me turning to face me on the long matching sofa. "I'm sure that would have made things awkward going home."

"You have no idea." We laugh together making images in my heads of the scene I may have had to come home to. Taking a sip of wine I try and change the subject.

"So why stay in England? Why don't you move back to America?" It was a question that had been burning in my head for some time and I thought this would be a time as any to ask him.

Stefan moved his head to face the ceiling dramatically thinking with his finger and thumb on his chin. "Hmm.. well. I love London, I always have. I don't really remember much of my childhood in America. I only really remember here to be honest and I don't think I want to."

"Really? Have you ever wanted to travel the world?"

"Oh yes I have traveled already. I've been to most of Europe, Asia, Australia and most of America. But I've always found England home. It's an exciting city and so much goes on here I am never bored. It's the home to some of the most amazing history in the world so... why anywhere else?"

"I guess I've never thought about London as being somewhere other than a busy city. Have you never wanted the quiet life Stefan?" I asked.

"Hmm... This is starting to sound a bit like an interview" He joked making me laugh "To answer your question no. I don't like the quiet life. We only get one life we might as well make the most of it as we can. I think I would go mad if I was in a quiet place for too long."

"Do you know what, I'm the same. I don't like the peace and quiet for too long. It just means nothing is going on!" I answer "Even if it's just having a bit of music in the background, it just calms me down."