Chapter 20: THE BRIDGE

Date: November 7th, 6016.

Time: 1: 19 AM.

The chapters starts on a forest, where Speed was waiting for Lazuli on her car. Lazuli was sitting on a bench near a river with a fence around it, while looking at a large bridge that stretched out to another island of Sunny town. She was also drinking a water bottle, and she had a sad look in her face.

Right next to Speed and Lazuli, was a cave that looked to be used before, and there were also multiple berry bushes right next to them as well. Speed started to get worried about Lazuli, since what had happened back at the outside club, and also it was late at night.

He gets out of her car and starts heading to where she was looking at the bridge. When he stood right next to her at the bench, she spoke.

Lazuli: Beautiful view, huh?.. This is the forest where I evolved into a Glaceon, and I also played with my little sister here before as well...

Speed: Before what?..

Lazuli: Hm?

Speed: You said that you evolved here, and you also said that you used to play with you're little sister here as well... But before what?..

Lazuli: Before... Before I became who I am today...

Speed: Can I ask you a personal question, Lazuli?

Lazuli: ... Sure, what is it?

Speed: Back at you're house, I found a family photo of two Eevees, and also a Vaporeon from your kitchen table. I also found the photo to be ripped off right next to Eeveelutions as well... You don't need to tell me, but I would like to know more about this family...

Lazuli thought about it for a moment, until she answered.

Lazuli: One of those Eevees was me, and that other Eevee is my sister, and her name is Leaf... And that Vaporeon is my mom, and her name is Lapis.

Speed: So, you're actual name is Lapis Lazuli?

Lazuli: Yeah, but I don't like to be called by my real name. So, you can just call me either Lazuli or lieutenant, got it?

Speed nodded at her.

Speed: So, why is some of the photo frame ripped off?

Lazuli: The ripped off piece, was the photo of my dad... His name is Alfred Molten, and he is a Arcanine.

When she said that, Speed suddenly remembered the flashback when he was chasing Flare, and he shakes his head and comes back to reality. Lazuli then noticed this.

Lazuli: You okay?

Speed: Y-yeah, I'm okay. I was just thinking about something.

Speed then stepped forward, and got close to the fence by the river.

Speed: We aren't making any progress in the deviancy case... The deviants are so hard to understand. They're all either different or clone models, that turn deviant in different times and places... If we don't figure this out soon, all the outsiders will break out of their coding...

Lazuli: Maybe there's a link to why outsiders become deviants.

Speed: Maybe...

He then starts thinking about how outsiders become deviants. Until he remembered a word.

Speed: RA9... What deviants have in common is that there obsessed with the word RA9. It's like making them keep hope that a Pokémon will save them one day from slavery... But it may be some kind of myth... Something they invented to keep them going, that wasn't part of there original programing...

Lazuli: Outsiders believing in a god, but not Arceus... Jeez, now I've heard everything...

She then takes another drink from her water bottle, and Speed turns to her.

Speed: You seem preoccupied, lieutenant... Was it something that happened back at the Outside Club?..

Lazuli: Those two girls... They just wanted to be together. They really seemed, in love...

Speed: Maybe they think there in love. But there not. They are just Outsiders, no emotions, no sympathy, no love, nothing... But I can understand why you think there in love.

Lazuli then puts her water bottle on the bench, and gets up.

Lazuli: Well, can I ask you a personal question, Speed?

Speed: Sure, lieutenant. You can ask me anything you want.

Lazuli: Okay well, you look like a Pokémon. You sound like a Pokémon... But what are you really?

Speed: I'm whatever you want me to be, lieutenant. Your partner, your buddy to read with... Or just a emotionless outsider, designed to accomplished a mission and nothing more.

She then glared at him.

Lazuli: You've could have shot those two girls, but you didn't. Why didn't you shoot them, Speed?

She then started getting closer to Speed, and he freaked out a little by this and steps back.

Lazuli: Were you supposed to capture them? Or did something on you're mind, stopped you from shooting them?

Speed felt really troubled by this, and he responded to her with a nervous voice.

Speed: No... I... I decided not to shoot them...

He then started to get even more nervous.

Speed: I really don't know why I spared them...

Software Instability ^

Lazuli was surprised by what Speed said, and she decided to test him. She pulls out her revolver and aims it directly at Speed's head, which shocked him a little.

Lazuli: Are you afraid to die, Speed?

He thought about it for a moment, and answered.

Speed: I would certainly find it, regrettable to be, interrupted now... By how long I have lived in this body without even dying once. And before I was able to finish the deviancy case, lieutenant...

Lazuli: What would happened if you didn't have anymore clones of yourself?.. Hm? If I pull this trigger, what would happen?.. Would there be a heaven for outsiders, or would it just be nothing?

Speed: Like I said, I never died before... But, if I were to die here right now... Then, I don't think there will be a heaven for outsiders... But I do know that if I fail to stop the deviants from spreading. There will be nothing for me...

Lazuli: What do you mean?

Speed: I mean that If I keep failing my missions, and the civilians... Sunny town will shut down all my clones and stop making them as well... And my mind will turn off, and I will be nothing more than just a frozen outsider, living on my mind forever...

Software Instability ^

Lazuli was sadden and shocked by what Speed said to her. Her paw then started to shake, and after a moment of Lazuli aiming her gun at Speed.

She puts her gun away and walks back to the bench. She then grabbed her water bottle and started walking back to her car.

Speed: Where are you going?

Lazuli: I'm going home. I need to get some sleep...

She then stopped walking, and she looks back at Speed.

Lazuli: You want to come?

Speed thought about it for a moment, and nodded at her.

Speed then walked with Lazuli to her car, and the scene cuts to black.

Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this chapter, make sure to leave a vote if you want and comment what you thought about the chapter. P.S. The next chapter will be a big change to the story, and Black well be in it as well.