t h i r t y ~ n i n e

KATHERINE

After I explained to Tom about what happened in the bathroom and explained to him about the knife he agrees to help me bring it back. We both hold our wands in our hands as we walk down to the basement, we stay close to the wall trying to not be seen.

I hear two voice talking, Marcus and Voldemort. They're talking about the knife, Voldemort is explaining what it does to Marcus.

I hear footsteps coming to where me and Tom are, I get my wand ready and when he passes by us I hex him with stupefy and he falls to the floor. Me and Tom grab one of his legs each and drag him out the basement.

"Why is he so fucking heavy," I groan.

We push him into a closet and lock it from outside, we go back to the basement.

"Marcus?" Voldemort asks.

"Tom." Tom goes to his father while I stay behind.

"Where's your brother?"

"I'm not sure, what is that?" He asks, trying to sound clueless.

"It's a very important knife, that was found on your girlfriend. You didn't want to take the initiative to grab it so your brother did it."

"I wasn't aware she had it in the first place, we haven't been together since year 6."

"Ah, classic teenage love." Voldemort laughs.

"Mind if I see the knife?" Tom asks.

"Sorry but you can't."

"Why not? Do you not trust me?"

"Quite frankly, no I don't."

"I just want to see it."

"Fine, be very careful with it. We can't afford to break it, it's very delicate."

"Now!" Tom yells.

I come from behind the wall and stand next to Tom, I hex Voldemort with Crucio but it doesn't affect him.

"You traitor! Both of you!" He yells.

Tom grabs onto my arm and we apperate back to the train, thankfully not a lot of people were awake.

"Thank you Tom, that meant a lot." I smile at him.

"Yeah, now my father hates me. I just want to be in good terms Kat, not just with you but the group," I squint my eyes at him.

"You sure your not Marcus again?" He laughs.

"No, I'm serious." I hug him.

"Well I guess now we're on good terms." I leave the bathroom and go back to our seat.

(May 2nd, 1998)

I watch as all the kids panic, trying to hide away from the death eaters. Trying to find their friends and stay safe. Some fighting back. I run as much as I can, trying to find Tom. I see Rox laying on the floor. I run to her.

"Rox! What happened?" I ask her as I see blood.

"Nothing I'm okay, I just tripped and cut myself." She smiles.

"Your sure?"

"Yes, go fight for him."

"What?"

"I know, and I'm okay with it. As long as your happy." I kiss her forehead before helping her up and running away.

"Kai!" I yell as I see him fighting along side with Blaise.

"Kat! Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yes, I'm good but go help Rox."

"Is she hurt?"

"No, but she's fighting alone. She would like some help." I smile and they run to where I pointed to.

I finally see Tom, I smile and run to him. He picks me up in a hug, my legs wrapped around his waist.

"I'm so sorry." He says.

"No no, don't be sorry Tom." I say looking at him.

"If we die, I just want you to know that I love you. Okay? Always have," he smiles.

"I love you too Tom." I smile back.